What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Captain --- Who??

hellteam

First Grade
Havent really heard much about this which is strange. What I have heard is that Gidley is a good chance of getting it. This would be a pretty average decision IMO because he I dont think he would even be starting if Stewart was picked.

So who ???

Campese?
Wallace?
Kite?
Gallen???

Jono078

Referee
I'm not sure about Gidley as captain.

Pika made a post not too long ago about how he is getting himself too involved and stifling our attack by getting into first receiver too often. And I think that might be due to his captaincy and feeling he has to make the big plays.

typicalfan

Coach
i think it has to be Gidley I don't want Gallen doing it. Maybe co captain with Luke Bailey? Luke Bailey does that at club level?

Johns Magic

Referee
It's got to be Knights player, that's just the rules. Heart and soul, the selectors are all too aware of this and have chosen accordingly in the past.

It was between Gidley, Mullen and Cross, however Cross is now out and Mullen is going to be a bit underdone for match fitness due to his injury.

That leaves Gidley, who as a result will be the NSW captain.

Case closed.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It's got to be Knights player, that's just the rules. Heart and soul, the selectors are all too aware of this and have chosen accordingly in the past.

It was between Gidley, Mullen and Cross, however Cross is now out and Mullen is going to be a bit underdone for match fitness due to his injury.

That leaves Gidley, who as a result will be the NSW captain.

Case closed.

Hard to argue with LOL

hellteam

First Grade

Pika made a post not too long ago about how he is getting himself too involved and stifling our attack by getting into first receiver too often. And I think that might be due to his captaincy and feeling he has to make the big plays.

Yeahhh i agree with that actually. And surely if NSW are going to pick a new captain it's going to be one that is assured a berth in the team (unlike Gidley with Stuart injured)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Looking at the candidates, only three captain thier sides.

Bailey, Tongue and Gallen.

It is also possible none will make the team.

Probably be Bailey.

typicalfan

Coach
Well both Danny Buderus and Darren Lockyer the two most recent captains for each state weren't club captain when they captained their state for the first time.

As long as they are captaincy material it shouldn't matter

Downie

Guest Moderator

I made this point during Origin last year, so I'm not sure if being Captain would affect this or not. He'd still do it anyway.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
QLD supporters would gladly see Gallen as NSW captain. The whole team would be giving away silly penalties and marching the maroons down the field.

typicalfan

Coach
If Campese had already played i would go for him and give it to him so he would take ownership of the attacking play. But it would be too premature. I would go Gidley this series.