What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw cup. A mickey mouse comp.

Eels Dude

Coach
The NRL should be a National Comp with teams in each major City in Australia

A 14 team comp played over 26 weeks

> Qld x 4 teams

(Brisbane, Nth Qld, Gold Coast, Sth Qld)

> NSW & ACT x 6

(South Coast, West Sydney, Syd City,Newcastle, Central Coast , Canberra)

SA x 1 , WA x 1, Vic x 1

New Zealand x1

So you''re suggesting just culling all the Sydney teams and starting afresh? That'll go down well. :crazy:

I may be late to the party, but I have a question about byes and points.

I know its traditional to give two points to a team having a bye. But why? It seems odd that teams get points for sitting around doing nothing.

I also know that the teams having three byes in the NSW Cup played one fewer game, so I can see some sense of fairness in not depriving them of any gain because they were forced to sit out. But did it ever occur to anyone to give ladder placings based on points earned per game played so that teams with different numbers of games could be compared fairly?

Eels Dude

Coach
I may be late to the party, but I have a question about byes and points.

I know its traditional to give two points to a team having a bye. But why? It seems odd that teams get points for sitting around doing nothing.

I also know that the teams having three byes in the NSW Cup played one fewer game, so I can see some sense of fairness in not depriving them of any gain because they were forced to sit out. But did it ever occur to anyone to give ladder placings based on points earned per game played so that teams with different numbers of games could be compared fairly?

It's so they don't get punished and fall behind on the competition table if they have the bye that week. I think they're getting rid of two points for byes next year in the NRL and calling them 'split rounds' or something.

Latest posts