What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup Central Knights v Central Coast Storm

Pumba

First Grade
Central Newcastle Knights Vs Central Coast Storm
Morrie Breen Oval, Wyong Leagues Club
NSW Cup
Saturday April 19, 2008
Kick Off : 3pm AEST
Coach: Rick Stone
  1. Stephen Gordon
  2. Akuila Uate
  3. Junior Sau
  4. Luke MacDougall
  5. Jacob Jenkinson
  6. Scott Briggs
  7. Luke Walsh
  8. Matt White
  9. Shaun Ferguson
  10. Mitchell Sargent (c)
  11. Lui Toimoana
  12. Mark Taufua
  13. Michael Young
Interchange:
  1. Asa Faitotoa
  2. Hanan Laban
  3. Sione Finefuaiki
  4. George Morseau
LINK

roopy

Referee
I'd switch Jenko and Gordon around - mostly because the best chance Gordon has of cracking firstgrade is if he can prove himself on the wing and because Jenko plays fullback in the Lockyer/Gidley mode of second reciever in attack more often than not.

Briggs is as small as Walsh and is really a halfback pretending to be a 5/8, but we will probably need a spare halfback before we need another 5/8 - pretty tough break for Karawana though, who looks like a fringe firstgrader to me - 10 miles in front of Briggs who struggles at this level.

I don't know what to make of Morseau playing NSW cup when we are struggling for second rowers in NYC. I have no idea or the reasoning.

If Willie Tupou is injured it is just cruel - proof that if there is a god he is a mean bastard.

roopy

Referee
and is that guy's name Toa Asa or Asa Toa - and who else thinks his tiny little legs mean he runs like a fairy, but will never know because no one will tell him.

Pumba

First Grade
and is that guy's name Toa Asa or Asa Toa - and who else thinks his tiny little legs mean he runs like a fairy, but will never know because no one will tell him.

Toa Asa

Faitotoa Junior Asa is his real name.

roopy

Referee
We got flogged.
Sau was out, so i expect he is with the firstgrade squad.
Matt Burnham, who is a guy we got from Canberra for the NYC side, started as one centre and Tuimoana started for Luke McDougall.
Tyne Owen was on the bench and had a lot of game time.
We were 26 - 0 down at halftime - with the second half a bit better and the final score 30 something to 8 - with our two tries going to Uate and Burnham, who worked well together. Burnham played SG Ball for Canberra last year, which makes him a big 19 year old - about the same size as Uate and with a good build.
Our defence was awful, but it's hard to say who was at fault because everyone was wearing dark blue and working out who was defending and who was attacking was a nightmare.

roopy

Referee
Was Reegan Tanner at his attacking best for the Storm?
I'm pretty sure he didn't play. No 13 on the field.

You'll be happy to know Steve Gordon managed to look really good despite having guys running loose all game.

Gordon1-1.jpg

and Toa Asa runs the ball back hard and crashes into the opposition, but he very rarely drops a ball - very good hands.

Asa1.jpg

roopy

Referee
This is Aku offloading to Matt Burnham - between them they scored twice and let in 3 i think, but Burnham is an impressive looking kid who has scored in both NSW cup games he has played in. He played SG Ball for Canberra last year, so is 18 or 19.

Uate6.jpg

roopy

Referee
I didn't notice our NSW cup side is sponsered by gatorade till just then.

You'd think gatorade could afford away jerseys.

macavity

Referee
what is with th pathetic displays by our PL team

they should be right up there and seem to get flogged every second week

its time to punt luke mcdoogs. he is a pea-heart.

roopy

Referee
I think the dropping in players from firstgrade and NYC at a minutes notice is just not working.
I suppose it is the same for other sides though.
They defended like juniors today.

One funny moment was Walsh and White mucking up a set play and Walshy chasing White for 50 metres giving him a gobfull - I think White will 'f**king listen' next time.

Serc

First Grade
Never move the camera during a picture - first rule.

Not quite I think - looks like the first photo of yours in that set has the background more in focus, and the 2nd one has the players in the foreground more in focus...no camera movement as far as I can tell :)

I say this because if you look at the Runswell Machinery board in the 1st pic, its less blurry than in the 2nd photo (and vice versa with the players in both pics). So I'm guessing you took the photo with autofocus on, and it picked the sign boards in the 1st photo, and the players in the 2nd photo.

I guess I'm saying that its mostly not your fault and partly the camera's fault with a bit of bad luck thrown in :p Autofocus will never be perfect as you would well know.

</end photo nerd critique>

Great pics anyway mate - keep them up! I'll see if I can bring my kit into Suncorp and Skilled later this season when our boys head up here (hopefully we get at least one day game).

Jono078

Referee
Damn so Walsh played?

It looks like we really are going with Gidley to halfback.

I'm sorry but it's an idiotic decision.

He is killing it at the back, and we have someone like Walsh who can jump in for Dureau, heck he MAY even be better than Dureau.

Latest posts