What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup highlights

sup42

Juniors
An hour away from kick off. Interesting to see if Halasima or Tauipiki lines up
I would really like to see Taine play. He our best player in cup so we need him to win these games.
Also in his absence Motu Pasikala is having to slot in at fullback. Which i have mixed feelings about. On the negative side, Pasikala is getting the utility treatment, Winger, Center, Fullback, and rarely does that lead to anywhere good.
Warriors juniors who are utility outside backs are like being given the kiss of death in terms of nailing down an NRL job. Also Pasikala has the pace we badly need out wide, so my preference would be for him to either stay at Center or Wing.

Fine if they move him between Center and Wing, that could work out really well, but throwing in a third move is too much imo at a club that is stacked with fullbacks.

I think the Warriors should just bite the bullet and decide who out of MGT and Pasikala is going to be your center and your Wing and stick with it.

Pasikala reminds me a lot of Clinton Toopi, fast and swerving back with swagger. A real prospect to change our slow ass wing three quarter line.

sup42

Juniors

This next gen Video series is gold. A look at Motu Pasikala.

At the one minute mark if you are wondering who the Winger Motu passes to that uses pure gas to burn the outside of the Bears, wearing the number five is Raphael Sio.

As you can see we have pace at the Warriors, we just have to wait and be patient really, we will have a fast backline down the track. Man if some of the even younger kids make it we will have one of the fastest backlines in the NRL like 2002.

Pasikala of course was bumped up to NSW cup as a rapid riser and you see in one of the big Marn posts he is on fire in SG ball and Cup.

sup42

Juniors
The rapid promotion of promising teens at the Warriors was a program introduced by Mathew Elliot, McFadden was his assistant at that time.
So it is interesting to see us return to that model now that McFadden is in charge of pathways.
Under McFadden these kids move up and down. Which is reassuring to see. No point making teenagers smash it out with the James Gavets of the NSW cup level every week.
Leka is an exception. Too big, too strong, too resilient to need a break from playing against men.

nswarrior

Juniors
Bulldogs forwards have dominated the Warriors today. I am not sure about the hype if some of our players, no one really standing out today

Meth

Staff member
Good game of football in the NSW cup. Warriors were up 8-0, but the Magpies have struck back with 2 quick tries

Meth

Staff member
12-14, 39 mins to go.

Going gets us back into it with any charge down.

magpies have just had a player binned. Warriors with some steam