What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup side

RABK

Referee
Apparently he smashed him a few times in some bell ringer tackles and barged over him to score late in the game. Was that your friend? lol

Footin mouth

Juniors
Why doesn't this team utilise the bomb a bit more instead of the grubber kick. They have a winger who is 6 foot 5 and can out jump anyone, 80% if his tries last year came from the bomb.

billy2

Juniors
1.Kevin Naiqama
2. Josh Mantellato
3. Michael Mate
24. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Peter Mata’utia
6. Ryan Stig
7. Adrian Davis
25. Evarn Tuimavave
9.Mitch Williams
10. Kyle O’Donnell
11. Ethan Cook
12. Marvin Filipo
13. Robbie Rochow
Interchange:
15. Warren Schillings
16. Shaun Boss
17. Rodney Mason
18. Sam Anderson

Only difference is AJ Davis from the bench to the starting side for Stig and Anderson onto the bench.

It looks a stronger side with Davis in for Roberts TBH.

billy2

Juniors
Shit that aint saying much for the firsts then :crazy:
The team won 3 games against top opposition with Davis and Briggs in the halves and have lost 2 against weak opposition with Stig and Roberts.
Davis and Briggs are in the form of their lives and Stig and Roberts are both returning from long injury breaks, but if i had to pick the guy in best form of the four of them i'd pick Davis, with the other 3 about even.

Big Tim

First Grade
The team won 3 games against top opposition with Davis and Briggs in the halves and have lost 2 against weak opposition with Stig and Roberts.
Davis and Briggs are in the form of their lives and Stig and Roberts are both returning from long injury breaks, but if i had to pick the guy in best form of the four of them i'd pick Davis, with the other 3 about even.

Saying that though B2, NSW cup is our feeder team, so whilst Stig and Roberts arent in great form, they should be picked ahead of the other guys because they are a serious chance at playing FG and need to be playing every week.

I wouldnt think Davis or Briggs will get anywhere near FG regardless of form.

Footin mouth

Juniors
Saying that though B2, NSW cup is our feeder team, so whilst Stig and Roberts arent in great form, they should be picked ahead of the other guys because they are a serious chance at playing FG and need to be playing every week.

I wouldnt think Davis or Briggs will get anywhere near FG regardless of form.

Big Tom, in regards to Briggs and Davis if their form is good enough to play FG they should be given the chance or is it that they are not part of the contracted playing group so therefore they will never be selected for FG.
My belief is that if you are playing good consistent football you should be allowed to have a crack at FG regardless if you are only a NSW cup player without a contract.

billy2

Juniors
Big Tom, in regards to Briggs and Davis if their form is good enough to play FG they should be given the chance or is it that they are not part of the contracted playing group so therefore they will never be selected for FG.
My belief is that if you are playing good consistent football you should be allowed to have a crack at FG regardless if you are only a NSW cup player without a contract.
Uncontracted players can get a run. I think Filipo was the most recent. But you need to get dispensation because of injuries or someone needs to be dropped from the contracted players - so it won't happen unless we are desperate.

Footin mouth

Juniors
Uncontracted players can get a run. I think Filipo was the most recent. But you need to get dispensation because of injuries or someone needs to be dropped from the contracted players - so it won't happen unless we are desperate.

Point taken Billy. Does the dispensation also apply during Rep series i.e. State of Origin series?

Big Tim

First Grade

I will excuse the spelling mistake in my name above and assume you just hit the wrong key.

My comments are purely opinion. We have options in the halves with players who have actually played grade.

For mine it is obvious that these guys are well down the pecking order for FG when you look at how the season has progressed.

The halves (makeshift or not) in front of them would be:

Mullen
Gids
Roberts
Stig
Hilder
Fillipo

And thats off the top of my head, and doesnt account for something like a re-shiffle with Boyd to the halves or even a backrower at 6. I just dont think they have a realistic chance at playing First Grade. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Footin mouth

Juniors
I will excuse the spelling mistake in my name above and assume you just hit the wrong key.

My comments are purely opinion. We have options in the halves with players who have actually played grade.

For mine it is obvious that these guys are well down the pecking order for FG when you look at how the season has progressed.

The halves (makeshift or not) in front of them would be:

Mullen
Gids
Roberts
Stig
Hilder
Fillipo

And thats off the top of my head, and doesnt account for something like a re-shiffle with Boyd to the halves or even a backrower at 6. I just dont think they have a realistic chance at playing First Grade. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Sorry big Tim my mistake, the I and o key are next to each other. I was wondering whether players who are not contracted have a chance to play first grade but I fully understand your comments.

billy2

Juniors
There have been a lot of guys who started out in the part time squad and ended up with a contract either that year or the next.
Right now we have Adams, Filipo and Schillings all with contracts, and some great players of the past like Billy Peden, Mark Hughes, Dan Abraham and others like George Carmont, Craig Hall and Jesse Royal all started out as part timers - as did Junior Sau and Zeb Taia I think (both earnt a contract after a short time when Brian Smith brought in a heap of fringe guys to 'trial')

ballbag

Juniors
There have been a lot of guys who started out in the part time squad and ended up with a contract either that year or the next.
Right now we have Adams, Filipo and Schillings all with contracts, and some great players of the past like Billy Peden, Mark Hughes, Dan Abraham and others like George Carmont, Craig Hall and Jesse Royal all started out as part timers - as did Junior Sau and Zeb Taia I think (both earnt a contract after a short time when Brian Smith brought in a heap of fringe guys to 'trial')
Mark Tafua??

Serc

First Grade
I think Sau and not Taia came through from reserves, from memory Taia came straight into first grade in 2007.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah pretty sure Taia was a mi-season transfer who started for us within a week or two of coming over.

Joker's Wild

Coach
8 pages into a NSW cup thread is unheard of around here. Guess it pays to have the side fulltime in Knights colours and some real depth for a change

Latest posts