What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup Vs Dragons.

Original Name

Juniors
I think our coaching staff and culture will suit this new Ivan Drago just needs our fitness regime....... definately got the better of the trade .
Have never watched him play before this but looking at how bad the Dragons side he came from is I think this a 2020 Payne Hass situation to a lesser extent (in regard to stamina). Payne last year got through a mountain of work and played big minutes because he was their best prop but to do that he was plodding and not really expanding the energy to run hard dent the line get a quick ptb. Getting pretty lazy in defence to make 18 runs and 38 tackles or whatever ridiculous work rate he'd do.

I can understand why anyone who watched him play then didn't rate him if so. Still read this quote when he signed for us.
"I like to think of myself as an effort player so from the first session I’ll be focused on doing all the little things right and making a good impression."
When players move clubs a guy saying their first thing about themselves or the club usually isn't they consider themselves an effort player isn't something you read often.

WestyLife

First Grade
Thanks for the link I enjoyed watching the replay.

The new recruit is clearly a big unit, but needs some work before he could seriously be considered for a bench spot from what I saw of his limited minutes.

Yeah dragons clearly can't develop a first grader as well as Panthers but we'll have him ready in a year or 2.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah dragons clearly can't develop a first grader as well as Panthers but we'll have him ready in a year or 2.

From first viewing he has strong attributes, just needs some serious conditioning work and perhaps work on his lateral movement in defence. We do need another top quality front rower to provide cover and depth.

WestyLife

First Grade
From first viewing he has strong attributes, just needs some serious conditioning work and perhaps work on his lateral movement in defence. We do need another top quality front rower to provide cover and depth.

Yeah we have options if desperate and if we got enough injuries to need him a short stint off the bench would work.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah we have options if desperate and if we got enough injuries to need him a short stint off the bench would work.

in a worst case scenario, the likes of J’Maine Hopgood could come into 13 and do a great job for us he really does look like an NRL quality player.

Original Name

Juniors
in a worst case scenario, the likes of J’Maine Hopgood could come into 13 and do a great job for us he really does look like an NRL quality player.
He's a quality player but to to go to another level he needs to work on squaring up the line when he does his ball playing. When Tago made that big line break Hopgood was suppose to create an overlap by playing square but he went too sideways. Tago only made the break because his opposite centre's positioning was garbage and due to his athleticism. This is the type of thing that got Yeo to the elite player he is today.