What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup

Perth Tiger

Bench
I have never seen Miller play. But from all reports he seems to be at least 3 years away from first grade so it baffles why he has a top 30 contract. Sure give home a development deal but why are we carrying him in the top 30?

Tigerm

First Grade
I have never seen Miller play. But from all reports he seems to be at least 3 years away from first grade so it baffles why he has a top 30 contract. Sure give home a development deal but why are we carrying him in the top 30?
I can only imagine that they want to keep him, because they rate him.
He’s only 19, so he has plenty of time.
I haven’t seen him play either.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I can only imagine that they want to keep him, because they rate him.
He’s only 19, so he has plenty of time.
I haven’t seen him play either.
I get wanting to keep him. But you can only carry youngsters in the top 30 for 1 or 2 years before you expect them to contribute. The only similar player I can think of is Jack Howarth from the storm who has been on a big deal for a number of years while barely playing a game.

as I said I have never seen him play so I don’t know his potential so only commenting from afar, it just seems strange when we have player like kit who has already debuted on development deals yet Millar is top 30.

but very interested in comments on how he goes today because we need another giant in the team and they are hard to come by.

Tigerm

First Grade
I get wanting to keep him. But you can only carry youngsters in the top 30 for 1 or 2 years before you expect them to contribute. The only similar player I can think of is Jack Howarth from the storm who has been on a big deal for a number of years while barely playing a game.

as I said I have never seen him play so I don’t know his potential so only commenting from afar, it just seems strange when we have player like kit who has already debuted on development deals yet Millar is top 30.

but very interested in comments on how he goes today because we need another giant in the team and they are hard to come by.
As you indicated, I think his size is the key factor.
He is the top 30, and signed to ‘26 (according to zero tackle), but I wouldn’t think he’d be on much?
I’m not comparing him to Stef, but he was of similar age when he debuted for the eels?
The kids a man mountain
Height:192 cm
Date of Birth:07 February 2005
Weight:131 kg
Birthplace:Liverpool, NSW
Stefano
Height:190 cm
Date of Birth:15 May 2000
Weight:111 kg
Birthplace:Otahuhu, NZ

Perth Tiger

Bench
As you indicated, I think his size is the key factor.
He is the top 30, and signed to ‘26 (according to zero tackle), but I wouldn’t think he’d be on much?
I’m not comparing him to Stef, but he was of similar age when he debuted for the eels?
The kids a man mountain
Height:192 cm
Date of Birth:07 February 2005
Weight:131 kg
Birthplace:Liverpool, NSW
Stefano
Height:190 cm
Date of Birth:15 May 2000
Weight:111 kg
Birthplace:Otahuhu, NZ
Thanks TM. Interesting stats. They are more NFL qualities than NRL now that Malitia has opened up that pathway.

but with the whole change in the club mentality into a “development” club, Millar’s progress could be seen as an indicator as to that success because the kid seems to have all the potential but needs a stack of work from the coaching staff.

Also in case it isn’t clear because I have had a few watching the footy 😜 none of what I have said is a knock on the kid. Miller can develop as he goes along and it it unreasonable to expect everyone big kid to be like Payne Haas. He is just a fascinating example of how to build a squad through development that raises a lot of questions worth asking and exploring

Nutz

Bench

Miller is in terrible shape for a big bloke. He looks obese and was lazy as today.
For a guy pressing for selection in the NRL at some time in the future, you would think he'd be training the house down.
I just don't see him making it until he's fit.
My predictions are lousy atm as I predicted the Gold Coast were going to be a force this year. :)

Tigerm

First Grade
Miller is in terrible shape for a big bloke. He looks obese and was lazy as today.
For a guy pressing for selection in the NRL at some time in the future, you would think he'd be training the house down.
I just don't see him making it until he's fit.
My predictions are lousy atm as I predicted the Gold Coast were going to be a force this year. :)
TBF, he's only just back from a long lay off due to foot injury?

Nutz

Bench
TBF, he's only just back from a long lay off due to foot injury?
I don't except that Tsp. Even a broken leg and an arm in a cast shouldn't stop a man from doing ab work or targeting non effected muscle groups. He has more spare tyres that Bob Jane Tmart.
You always see a player look cut and muscled up when in rehab with a knee reco. Take AD for example, he looks fitter that ever.
Sorry Mr Miller, if you have aspirations of playing NRL you better start training harder.

Nutz

Bench
I'm non advocating that Miller can't make it. He's only 19 and probably 2 years away. Big Stef needs help but I think it's going to come from Klemmer and Pole.
I'm just dissapointed in what shape he's in.
Nowing my comments these days he'll probably get an NRL debut and nail it, I hope so.
At this stage he appears to be too green and underdone.
Next year maybe.

Tigerm

First Grade

NBWT

@NBWT__

#NSWCup 1. L. Laulilii 2. S. Alaimalo 3. D. Casey 4. J. Feledy 5. J. Kirk 6. I. Matai 7. T. Colley 8. J. Finau 9. J. Valevatu (c) 10. N. Lui-Toso 11. R. Porter 12. B. Tumeth 13. T. Sukkar 14. B. Hodges, 15. S. Vaihu, 16. J. Miller, 17. K. Laulilii 18. R. Maroun, 19. R. Garner