What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup

Meth

Staff member
I don't really know what's best in terms of developing talent, but geez I'd love to see players like Laban and Halasima in our side ahead of players like Tevaga and Capewell (tonight) and Ford (generally)

sup42

Juniors
A significant win over a Canterbury side with Gould running the show. I'm sure they'd hate to admit we might have better potential.
Indeed.

Gould is great at finding players on his rep, McFadden is in the same class without the Rep of Gould, McFadden is a freak at watching local NZ comps and all of Australias up and commers, this is reflected in that NSW cup team that has kids from the likes of the Roosters and kids from the South Island, representative of Cappys global vision for this club.

Big Marn

Bench
Massive weekend for the Warriors who are sitting 4th on the table.
This is the final round for NSW Cup before the playoffs.
They play the Newtown Jets away (sitting 3rd), who are on the same points (33) but have a better f/a.

Canberra and the North Sydney Bears conjured up 2 draws each this season so are 1 point ahead of the Jets and the Warriors. The top 4 teams all had 14 wins.
Depending on results, the Warriors could finish anywhere between 1st and 5th.

They cant finish any lower than 5th so are assured of a spot in the finals.
The good news is their bogey team Blacktown Sea Eagles cant qualify for the finals.

The finals series will be based on a traditional top five format, which will see the Minor Premiers earn a weekend off in the opening week while the fourth and fifth-placed teams will square off in an Elimination Final and the second and third-placed teams in a Qualifying Final.

The winner of the Qualifying Final will then face the Minor Premiers in the Major Semi-final with the winner moving straight through to the Grand Final; while the loser of the Qualifying Final will face the winner of the Elimination Final in the sudden death Minor Semi-final.

The loser of the Major Semi-final will then face the winner of the Minor Semi-final in the Preliminary Final for the right to progress to the decider.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Went to the game, thought we were going to get absolutely arseholed at half time. Great comeback by the lads and only just feel short. In the end I think the hometown advantage got the jets home particularly with a very tricky wind that was blowing across the ground. We stuffed a couple of important kicks because of it and the Jets used it for a 40/20.
Leka scored an absolute belter of a try finishing off a 70m break, really showed how much pace he’s got. Bunty had a big game too.

Latest posts