What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nsw "fans"

ashee9

Juniors
I don't really give a sh*t if i cop crap from you guys but i just want to say how disappointing it is that some nsw "fans" are absolutely bagging the crap out of the team, the selectors, the coach etc etc. i dont give a crap who gets selected for the blues, the truth is, obviously they have done enough on the field to warrant selection.
calling for players to be replaced is fair enough because sometimes changes need to be made, but have some pride in your state and some faith in your players! if i were a qlder i would love the way we carry on about our players! it really does show a lack of belief and it's as if we're already admitting defeat before the match.
i'm a nsw fan and i dont care who runs out on that field in a blues jersey, i always support them right until the final whistle.

perverse

Referee
i don't disagree, as much as i do believe players are, and should be accountable for their performances. i'll support whoever runs out in the sky blue... i'm not sure you can say the same for a lot of people on here, not that they'll ever admit it outright.

it makes me laugh even more that it seems to be the same blokes who deathride our players that also believe that queensland passion is a "myth". it is no myth, and NSW have no answer to it, regardless of the strength of each playing group. NSW don't know what to do with an underdog tag. i haven't seen a siege mentality from our team in the last 4 years... and we should be rocking up every game trying to stick it up QLD's, the media's and the doubters arses. sadly we don't, as a fanbase or a players group.

GGOA

Juniors
couldnt agree more with this. The speed with which NSW fans, media, FOGs and everyone else turn on the players is amazing.

Back them and see how things improve.

timka4

Bench
it is a frustrating time for NSW supporters. We are versing an excellent QLD team and we haven't produced the number of super stars as QLD have in the past 5 years. I support every NSW team that runs out into the park and like perserve said everyone says that, but all I need to know is that I do indeed support them.

Although its a shame to see NSW in the current state its in, I am loving the quality of football QLD is currently producing, it's great to watch. But do not worry, our time will come again, it's just a matter of when; hopefully soon :)

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't really give a sh*t if i cop crap from you guys but i just want to say how disappointing it is that some nsw "fans" are absolutely bagging the crap out of the team, the selectors, the coach etc etc. i dont give a crap who gets selected for the blues, the truth is, obviously they have done enough on the field to warrant selection.
calling for players to be replaced is fair enough because sometimes changes need to be made, but have some pride in your state and some faith in your players! if i were a qlder i would love the way we carry on about our players! it really does show a lack of belief and it's as if we're already admitting defeat before the match.
i'm a nsw fan and i dont care who runs out on that field in a blues jersey, i always support them right until the final whistle.

The reason people are bagging players is they ARE passionate about the Blues and it hurts seeing them continually lose and some players don't deserve their spots. You seem not to be a 'real' fan yourself because you don't seem to care as much as others by your statement.

ashee9

Juniors
The reason people are bagging players is they ARE passionate about the Blues and it hurts seeing them continually lose and some players don't deserve their spots. You seem not to be a 'real' fan yourself because you don't seem to care as much as others by your statement.

totally understand what you're saying but don't think you quite get what i mean. to bag a player out before selection and to prefer one player over another before the team has been chosen is fair game. when the team has been selected, this is when nsw supporters should get behind the boys. maybe some selections are a little sketchy but that's the team they chose, there's nothing we can do about it, and we have to keep supporting our team despite these somewhat dodgy selections

Doomednow

Bench
I think you need to rethink your argument.

I, like many others, had little confidence when the side was picked. Seemed we were inevitably getting smashed (again), that the selectors had made all the wrong choices (again), that we had players playing out of position (again). Was almost already decided before the first ball was kicked (again). Couldn't get into or believe the hype the team and media were generating for themselves. Had almost zero faith all over to be honest. I still got in there and supported the team as hard as I could, still had just as much heartbreak (again) as anyone else.

It takes a real fan to support a team they know is going to lose. Its not wrong to want the team and management to change for the better so we can get a win in occasionally.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This is the same arguement that Tigers fans have with each other about Sheens.

People are complaining because they are passionate and they know that the sh*t that the coach and selectors have dished up over the last five years is simply not good enough. I paid good money to sit in that pissing rain the other night, so when they roll out a sh*t team and play about as structured in attack as an U8's side, I'll whinge, complain and bag them all I like...

Eels Dude

Coach
totally understand what you're saying but don't think you quite get what i mean. to bag a player out before selection and to prefer one player over another before the team has been chosen is fair game. when the team has been selected, this is when nsw supporters should get behind the boys. maybe some selections are a little sketchy but that's the team they chose, there's nothing we can do about it, and we have to keep supporting our team despite these somewhat dodgy selections

I see exactly what you mean. Every Blues fan was and will continue to support the team. But it is very frustrating when the selectors pick a side which us supporters disagree with especially when their dubious decisions turn out to be failures, such as picking Gidley at fullback instead of Hayne and having Idris on the bench. That's where the criticism stems from and frustration leads to anger so I can't blame supporters from getting angry at all. It's just human nature. Not everyone can just be civil and calm about such things.

Karlos

Juniors
I think generally the critism is directed at the selection of the players rather than the players themselves. Its not Gidleys fault that he gets picked at FB, he does the best job that he can in that position. I passionately support all the players that run out on to the field in a blues jersey, even the ones that shouldn't be there.

When there seems to be overwhelming evidence that what the selectors and coach's are doing isn't working and yet they carry on in the same manner then of course the fans will be critical. Passion stems from a want to win and if we all sit idly by and not criticise the selection of certain players then where will the pressure come from to create change?

NSW has the players to beat QLD, they just need to be all on the field at the same time and in the right positions.

Knightmare

Coach
I'm a bit confused by this thread. Are you telling me that if Qld had lost 3 (or more) series in a row and the same selectors were still there (plus the coach), none of the Maroons fans would be demanding answers? You think they would be just fine with it all?

If NSW fans didn't give a s**t, you wouldn't see any of them complaining in the first place.

Dazzat

First Grade
So let me get this straight ... when you are 'passionate' about someone you bag the crap out of them when they don't give you what you want ... being a win.

They only deserve credit when they give you exactly what you want.

So, bagging continues until you get a win.

Yep ... that'll work.

Knightmare

Coach
Everybody knows you can't always get what you want, and even the best can be made to look ordinary. Hell, Jack Gibson and Wayne Bennett have both lost Origin series 3-0. So too Gus Gould.

Failure is tolerable sometimes. Consistant failure is not, especially when the people responsible are not brought to account. I can't fault the NSW players the other night, they tried the best they could. But one gets the impression you couldn't say the same of the NSW selectors.

Eels Dude

Coach
So let me get this straight ... when you are 'passionate' about someone you bag the crap out of them when they don't give you what you want ... being a win.

They only deserve credit when they give you exactly what you want.

So, bagging continues until you get a win.

Yep ... that'll work.

No. When you are passionate for a team you get angry and frustrated when they continue to fail despite promising not to. No anger is being directed towards NSW, just at the incompetence at the administrators above which directly leads to criticism over those players that aren't performing. Passion isn't sitting there and going "Oh we lost, but that's ok, we'll get a win sooner or later... Yay go team".

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Yeah, we should be praising the Selectors, the Coach and the Players for the sterling effort they have put in for the 5th year in a row.

People who think like this are the same kind of moron who keep voting in the NSW and QLD Labor Governments.

She'll be right mate......

Knightmare

Coach
If the NSW selectors were fair dinkum and picking teams on form and potential and on who has proven themselves in the sky blue before, and if the 17 men running out in that jersey were giving it the best of their ability, there would be barely a complaint if Qld won convincingly. As I have said before, the wheel turns. Sometimes their best are better than our best, and vice versa.

What pisses myself and other NSW supporters off is that the selectors appear to care more about their pride and playing favorites than about the responsibility they owe to 6 million people in NSW in ensuring the team representing them is the team with the best chance at winning.

Dazzat

First Grade
Everybody knows you can't always get what you want, and even the best can be made to look ordinary. Hell, Jack Gibson and Wayne Bennett have both lost Origin series 3-0. So too Gus Gould.

Failure is tolerable sometimes. Consistant failure is not, especially when the people responsible are not brought to account. I can't fault the NSW players the other night, they tried the best they could. But one gets the impression you couldn't say the same of the NSW selectors.

Haven't got a problem giving it to the selectors and administration.

In the end, I don't believe any player actually runs out on the field wanting to lose. But they are certainly restricted in their ability to win by the decision makers.

Latest posts