What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW halfback - Walsh > Pearce

evil_p091280

Juniors
Just throwing it out there but after tonights games (and looking at the form of 2010) Luke Walsh would be a far better pick at NSW halfback than Mitchell Pearce.

His best skills, which are organising and his kicking game, are both on par with Mitchell's (the kicking maybe just above)
In every other facet, Mitch is superior.

MacDougall

First Grade
It'd be funny if the Halfback Newcastle wouldn't give a go to ends up passing Mullen on his way to becoming NSW halfback.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Brian Smith told him he wasn't wanted... Smiths eye for talent is known for being ordinary.

Why don't the selectors pick an origin team from the teams that are winning, ie Dragons, Panthers and Manly. It would make sense...

evil_p091280

Juniors
Give Walsh time to show his consistency before making outlandish comments.

It's not that outlandish.

Walsh's team 8 wins, Pearce team 6 wins.

Walsh has done a lot this year to help his team get where they are.

Why do people think Pearce has such great form? Where did the roosters come again last year?

voltron

Juniors
please
he has to defend out on the wing
he's a piss poor defender
good kicking and organising
but in defense he will be very destroyed in origin

evil_p091280

Juniors
Tonight:-
pearce 14 tackles 2 missed
walsh 9 tackles 1 missed

who knows if I am serious. I just find it amazing that pearce is a lock in for halfback when in the last year and a half, he has been in a team that has won 11 games and lost 25 (ignoring injuries) and to me has never stood out and been dominant.

I also can't believe how Barrett is supposedly a lock in for five eight.

Last edited:

Geohood

Bench
Pearce is the Rooster's shining light. Nothing he could of done to prevent the utter sh*tness that our team can produce sometimes though he is the only one ever creating anything even if we are getting smashed. He's all class and a shoe in for origin.

broncos70

Juniors
i still think of all the nsw halfbacks played at their best, peter wallace would be up there..i might be slightly biased because he's a bronco, but gee he dominated in his first origin game and then had bad luck with an injured testicle and then played with a rib injury in the first 2 games last year..

pearce is better than luke walsh, but walsh is really improving every game he plays

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Walsh is doing his job very well for Penrith, but he has not been tested in anyway what so ever. Lets see what he's like when the pressures on.

Also, Brian Smith when coaching Newcastle said that Walsh was a better halfback then Mullen.

bigfoot

Juniors
I really don't think Walsh is ready yet. I would definitely pick Pearce if I had a choice between the two.

I'm loving his form for us though. He has been constantly improving, it's great to see.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Why don't the selectors pick an origin team from the teams that are winning, ie Dragons, Panthers and Manly. It would make sense...

I will have a go at this :D

1. Lachlan Coote (Stewart if fit)
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Michael Weyman
9. Luke Priddis
10. Jason King
11. Ben Creagh