What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Lets Get Serious: Halfback

Who would you pick at halfback?

• Wallace

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Mullen

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Pearce

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (please state in thread)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Joker's Wild

Coach
Wallace for mine. Good defence and a great short-Medium kicking game. Coupled with Campos big boot and running game would be the best combo IMO.

Wallace and Mullo would also work for the same reason

Godz Illa

Coach
Split hair between them, though Wallace and Pearce probably have the jump due to Mullen's injury. I'd go Pearce.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Would Campese @ halfback, mullen @ 5/8 work ok? Campo seems more of a ball player for the raiders anyway and Mullo's got the best defence out of the options up there but not the best ball playing.

sando88

Not a Moderator
mullen cant defend.
pearce is too predictable

wallace because he has a solid attacking and defending game and pretty much knows what the qld team will do downpat

mongoose

Coach
I think Mullen is the best player of those 3, but i don't know if he's a halfback. I guess wallace by default, but someone better will come along.

Joker's Wild

Coach
mullen cant defend.
pearce is too predictable

wallace because he has a solid attacking and defending game and pretty much knows what the qld team will do downpat

Watch footy much?

Mullo is one of the better defending halves in the game, just not a halfback

Scarves

Juniors
Plenty would be against this but dead set I'd have Trent Barrett at half. The other guys just aren't ready to dominate Origin, while Trent has been there and won it all before. I reckon him partnered with the dominant Terry Campese at five eighth is the best balance for a blues outfit heading into a new era, and the size of these two is a bonus. Once Terry has a serious series under his belt, then you start considering one of the young half backs for future series.

I reckon a series of Barrett and Campese in the halves will help Campo dominate Origin in the future.

8Ball

First Grade
Plenty would be against this but dead set I'd have Trent Barrett at half. The other guys just aren't ready to dominate Origin, while Trent has been there and won it all before. I reckon him partnered with the dominant Terry Campese at five eighth is the best balance for a blues outfit heading into a new era, and the size of these two is a bonus. Once Terry has a serious series under his belt, then you start considering one of the young half backs for future series.

I reckon a series of Barrett and Campese in the halves will help Campo dominate Origin in the future.

Doesn't help that the sharks are at the bottom end of the ladder though.

Latest posts