What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw Origin 24 and how it will affect us.

Fangs

Coach
Injury aside. Is Young going to get more than 20 mins?

Someone like Burton fixes that issue and gives cover for Hynes

He might be the better option but we probably won't see any changes unless injury prevails.

Goonji

Juniors
I get it we’re running out of halves but I’m not confident with Nicho Hynes in the team.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I get it we’re running out of halves but I’m not confident with Nicho Hynes in the team.

Neither am I. Especially after his showing last Saturday night. Tends to go to water when pressure is applied.

I've kinda given up on origin. So much of it, is slanted towards Qld and their interests.

I'd like to see Luai play 7 and Keary at 6.

All I want basically is no injuries for the Riff boys.

soc123_au

Staff member
Injury aside. Is Young going to get more than 20 mins?

Someone like Burton fixes that issue and gives cover for Hynes
Burton is still a work in progress for the 6, but on the bench I agree, he would be good Hynes cover if it does go pear shaped. I really hope Hynes steps up and has a great game, I do actually like him. My concern is a 10 minute fisting in Origin last year nearly broke him and he was out of position. I'm not sure what the 40 minutes we put him through on Saturday will have done to him mentally. I think the calf is probably fine, I have my suspicions he was hooked on Saturday to reduce the scarring.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Burton is still a work in progress for the 6, but on the bench I agree, he would be good Hynes cover if it does go pear shaped. I really hope Hynes steps up and has a great game, I do actually like him. My concern is a 10 minute fisting in Origin last year nearly broke him and he was out of position. I'm not sure what the 40 minutes we put him through on Saturday will have done to him mentally. I think the calf is probably fine, I have my suspicions he was hooked on Saturday to reduce the scarring.
He's not a rep level 7. He's an ok first grade 6

Iamback

Coach
He might be the better option but we probably won't see any changes unless injury prevails.

Calves are very hard to get right. So it is likely still lingering

Burton is 18th man so Madge rates him.

Critter can play anywhere so Burton to centre. Critter to replaced injured player.

As opposed to when you break the side down

Haas 60mins
Jake 60mins
Robson same but McInnes is likely cover
Martin
Crichton
McInnes all 80
Yeo can play 80 - likely plays prop and covers McInnes hooker spell.
Spencer - 30 mins

Not sure both Hamole and Young gets decent game time.

Young switched with Burton would be my pick

Tonye1

Juniors
You need to lean into the unique features of our comp not go away from them.

That was an issue but not the biggest issue.
Everybody seems to forget Origin started as a mid week game and has evolved into the beast it is today as a mid week game, changing that would destroy it. Look at 2021 does anyone remember any of the games, I don’t, grand final played and won, time for cricket NOT Origin. All the whiners and whinger, especially that fishes supporter who HATES Penrit, has forgotten that or maybe they want to try and stay relevant. And WHY does the knights and the horses get TWO byes during Origin and we only get one when it’s all over, I call BS
GO THE PANTHERS

Abacus

Juniors
Let's face it, if Hynes shits the bed then NSW will quickly be down by 20 and game 1 is over.

We do need Burton for injury cover. From personal experience a tight calf can tear with the first sprint effort.

martielang

Bench
Find it strange they brought Cleary into camp I assume to assist Hynes. Kinda reeks of not having confidence in the 7 you've picked though. Surely that rattles Hynes even more.

betcats

Referee
Find it strange they brought Cleary into camp I assume to assist Hynes. Kinda reeks of not having confidence in the 7 you've picked though. Surely that rattles Hynes even more.

Not really, Cleary is no chance on playing and if he is fit everyone knows he would be the 7. It happens often when certain players out they will still spend time in camp, its about culcha

Kilkenny

Coach
Not really, Cleary is no chance on playing and if he is fit everyone knows he would be the 7. It happens often when certain players out they will still spend time in camp, its about culcha
Yeah Nathan will play no part in this SOO series, just the way it is.