What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw Origin 24 and how it will affect us.

Kilkenny

Coach
If it is 1-1 going into the final game and Nicho or Luai struggle in game 2, there will be a lot of calls for Nathan to come back for the last game.
If NSW are 1-1 going into the decider they will be overjoyed in the first instance.

Impossible to make any predictions on who may be fit and well but I will be surprised if Nicho Hynes is available for Game 1 never mind the other two. Just madness to go into SOO 1 with any player under an injury cloud so surely Hynes at the very least shouldn’t play, and likewise Liam Martin. Any doubt at all, just select players who are not injured.

Someone2

Bench
Wonder how Edwards will handle origin camp

he has never come across as the most popular player remember when he won the CC MEDAL and his own teammates didn’t applaud him
Hhmm he has picked up a “ mystery” injury and is now out of team

MrBlack

Juniors
I think Origin has run its course now.

There seems to be less interest each year (or is it just me?).

Speaking to some Shark fans on the weekend and they were not happy that Nico was selected. Im sure thats the same accross most other clubs now.

I mean what competition in the world takes the best payers out of their clubs for a third of the season??? And also reduces the number of games each week for that period??

Panther Mike

Juniors

Speaking to some Shark fans on the weekend and they were not happy that Nico was selected. Im sure thats the same accross most other clubs now.

I mean what competition in the world takes the best payers out of their clubs for a third of the season??? And also reduces the number of games each week for that period??
I agree with you. I can take or leave Origin and I’d rather leave it when it drains our top players so much and makes us more likely to lose crucial games.
Unfortunately I think they make too much money from it through tv, crowds etc and things won’t change anytime soon.

Sime_11

Juniors
the fact stadiums still sellout each year - it's a money making beast and continues to do so

when your team gets hampered by Origin - thats when you lose interest in it as you stress about your players getting through unscathed. when your teams chances of winning the comp are nil - Origin becomes very interesting because it means something you can cheer for

Whino

Bench
Doesn't interest me. never has. I support Penrith and nothing else. I watch other games outside us and cheer for neutrals, but rep the scene has never maintained my interest. I really don't care. City Country was a joke. Internationals meh. Some of the players my dad saw in Gasnier, Raper and Langlands would have been worth watching in their day. Now I am not interested in Mal's mates.

I hope our boys do well there and come back injury free, but I don't like the drain on the comp when it happens. It cheapens the overall product. This week was case point.

The yak

Juniors

I don't blame Sharks fans. They have been nursing Nico along for the past month with a calf niggle. He is racing the clock to play. If it had been a normal game the Sharks would rest him on the safe side. Origin is always a another matter. Players are desperate to play. Common sense goes out the window.
Martin's niggle bother me too.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
SOO only exists to appease QLD and to make money for the NRL. It was a sideshow event that’s become more important than the Premiership in my opinion.

Origin (in my opinion) is exactly what this poster suggests.

It's far more important (stupidly I believe) to the 2 headed qlders, who will cheat and basically kill family members for a win.

MrBlack

Juniors
There was a time when SOO was a genuine trial for a kangaroos jersey. That was when it had relevance.

Dont get me wrong, i will watch it. But would rather no injuries than a blues win.