What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw Origin 24 and how it will affect us.

SOO only exists to appease QLD and to make money for the NRL. It was a sideshow event that’s become more important than the Premiership in my opinion.
I am a NSW and I enjoy Origin. Also, the money that Origin makes helps to pay all the players.

I am a NSW and I enjoy Origin. Also, the money that Origin makes helps to pay all the players.
Now the match payment per player has gone back to 30k each game, the NRL is coughing up more than a million dollars per game for the two sides.

Plus, each state pampers the players for the week leading up to each game at resorts with all the trimmings. At what cost, we're not privy to that!

Yes, they all say it's an honour and a dream to represent their state, but gee wizz, that cash and resort bistro sure helps the disruption to their normal lives.

But I'm sure on Wednesday night, the approximately 80000 blues fans, who don't get origin according to those north of the border, will be passionate enough to help our state do the best they can.

Go Blues.

age.s

First Grade
The NRL club competition generates 90% of the NRL’s revenue. Origin is just the cream on top.

The prestige of the MP is non-existent too, which eats into the quality of that 90%. Atm it has to be a footnote because of Origin.

Throw in 6 rounds that aren't scuffed nonsense and the fact you don't have to actually abandon origin (have it as the post season) and I dont think thered be anywhere near as much financial disruption as you might think.

soc123_au

Staff member
The prestige of the MP is non-existent too, which eats into the quality of that 90%. Atm it has to be a footnote because of Origin.

Throw in 6 rounds that aren't scuffed nonsense and the fact you don't have to actually abandon origin (have it as the post season) and I dont think thered be anywhere near as much financial disruption as you might think.
The problem with post season is it kills internationals. Internationals > Origin imo.

It will never happen, but take it back to a one and done mid season, home ground advantage alternates.

It's a friggen circus the way it is.

Edit. I could also live with one game pre season, one mid season and one the week after the GF. Game 3 is a legit Kangaroo trial. Also wont happen, but the NRL still gets the 3 game revenue and it doesn't ruin 9 weeks of the season.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Can’t just blame Hynes apart from Spencer no one has store out.Being down one does not help I can see Moses and api back for game 2

Kilkenny

Coach
Man down from the 9th minute just too big a mountain to climb. The blues have been gallant in defeat, I wouldn’t be blaming anybody.

Munky

Coach
Yeo needs to put the ball playing away unless rolling forward.

He had an immense game running the ball and defending the middle.

Latest posts