What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

Special K

Coach
0,5001,7774997,00.jpg

Bring back Bird already ffs

Tweek

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan
2. Jaryyd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Brett Morris
6. John Sutton
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Robbie Farah
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Luke Lewis
Reserves: Paul Gallen, Aiden Tolman, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Tim Mannah

tony.

Juniors
Personally, I'd have..

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Michael Gordon
6. Terry Campese/Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Luke Lewis (c)

Reserves:
14. Kurt Gidley
15. Kade Snowden
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Luke O'Donnell

slammingsam

Juniors
LOL its funny..
Merritt has been a top class winger for 3 years..Scores tries and defends well too..
He would excel at Origin but played himself out a few years ago when he played the race card..

I think comments like Hahaha Merritt and LOL Merritt nuffy says more about the posters lack of knowledge and football nous rather then his playing ability.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
'm a QLDer and sit back shaking my head at what your selector's do i.e chopping and changing, putting player in too early then dropping him after one game and shattering the kid's confidnce. They also forget players who have done it in the past.

As an example, Greg Bird was awesome for NSW and Australia in 2008 yet doesn't get a look in for 2010 when you need a 5/8 .... he wasn't in great club form but neither has the likes of Lockyer, Lewis, meninga, Shearer, Crocker and many other QLDers in the past yet we go with them because we know they will rise to the occasion.

NSW need to pick a mix of younsgters and established hard heads

I'd pick the following if everyone is fit and available

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamal Idris (showed something in game 1 even though it was too early for him)
4. Michael Jennings/Beau Champion (at least they can attack)
5. Nathan Merrit (tell me a winger who scores more tries even when his team is struggling ... yes he's small but so what, the big guys you pick aren't doing squat) or Mongahan (He tried last night even though he was well short of a gallop)
6. Greg Bird or Jamie Soward (or Campese at a pinch, he got the raw deal after last year IMO)
7. Mitchell Pearce (stick with the kid for now)
8. Luke Douglas
9. Michael Ennis/Robbie Farah (they both go OK)
10 Kade Snowden
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Luke Lewis
15. Tom Leroyd Lahrs
16 Chris Heinington
17. Willie Mason

For 2011 you should have Brett Stewart back so it's between him and Hayne for fullback with one of them shifting to the wing. You have a shortage of props IMO as the ones who have been used haven't shown a lot. You need to blood some young guys.

joseph1

Juniors
Players i would be happy to see named tonight: hindy, hayne, lewis, pearce, jennings, morris, mannah, snowden. Players i dont really want to see named ever again: gidley, white, weyman, waterhouse, cooper, lyon, o donnell, beau scott, ben creagh. We are forgetting how woeful these guys were in origin 2. Theres no excuse. Need some fresh blood, the baby blues!!! (but lead by hindy).

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Josh Dugan
2. Kevin Gordon/Michael Gordon
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Terry Campese/John Sutton
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Keith Galloway
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Chris Heighington
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. Paul Gallen
16. Luke Douglas
17. Tim Mannah

hellteam

First Grade
LOL its funny..
Merritt has been a top class winger for 3 years..Scores tries and defends well too..
He would excel at Origin but played himself out a few years ago when he played the race card..

I think comments like Hahaha Merritt and LOL Merritt nuffy says more about the posters lack of knowledge and football nous rather then his playing ability.

And posts like this show your bias.

Merritt is average and always has been. Many better options... even in NSW

Grishnakh

Juniors
If those idiots pick Ennis again over Farah, then no jury in the world could possibly convict me for what I might do...

I'm goin to pronounce Ennis as Eenis from now on, in the hope that someone will write a limerick.

Grishnakh

Juniors
Well, they did it again. Eenis must have pictures of the selectors rooting goats because nothing else can explain Farah's omission.

simplythebest

Juniors
The worst thing about this is that it wouldn't surprise me if QLD lose this game only to give NSW the "impression" they have the right team for next year.... Only to be shown up by QLD and for everyone to realise it was only because it was a dead rubber that QLD didn't try. It happened last year in game 3 and in game 1 this year when QLD made NSW think they weren't far off the mark.... And what has this cost us? Years of mediocrity from the likes of Creagh, Gidley, White, Lyon, Weyman and worst of all..... Ennis. With more to come next year I bet.

The worst thing about this is that it wouldn't surprise me if QLD lose this game only to give NSW the "impression" they have the right team for next year.... Only to be shown up by QLD and for everyone to realise it was only because it was a dead rubber that QLD didn't try. It happened last year in game 3 and in game 1 this year when QLD made NSW think they weren't far off the mark.... And what has this cost us? Years of mediocrity from the likes of Creagh, Gidley, White, Lyon, Weyman and worst of all..... Ennis. With more to come next year I bet.
This.

mxlegend99

Referee
2009 Game 3 and 2010 Game 1 sides were very different. Especially in the backline.

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings / Tahu
4. J. Morris / Cooper
5. Williams / B. Morris
6. Barrett / Lyon

7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Poore / Weyman
11. Waterhouse
12. Creagh
13. Watmough

14. Wing / Idris
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Stewart / Lewis
17. White

So there was 7 changes and 4 of them were in the backs.

simplythebest

Juniors
2009 Game 3 and 2010 Game 1 sides were very different. Especially in the backline.

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings / Tahu
4. J. Morris / Cooper
5. Williams / B. Morris
6. Barrett / Lyon

7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Poore / Weyman
11. Waterhouse
12. Creagh
13. Watmough

14. Wing / Idris
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Stewart / Lewis
17. White

So there was 7 changes and 4 of them were in the backs.

Yeah I know there were quite a few changes in terms of the backline. How they chose Tahu over Jennings is beyond me. I think J. Morris was injured for game 1 and Cooper was playing well. Williams sucked in SOO and has been injured all year and I think no one would argue with B Morris taking his spot. Poore and Stewart have sucked this year whilst Wing was obviously never going to be selected. So aside from leaving Jennings out the team was pretty much the team that should have been chosen given selectors thought they were onto the winning formula.... Meh.

Latest posts