What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

GGOA

Juniors
NSW have blooded enough players over the past 4 years to avoid picking any debutants this year (except for the 'must have' speed of brett morris). That will be the difference I reckon...so...
  1. hayne
  2. tahu
  3. jennings
  4. cooper
  5. b morris
  6. barrett
  7. kimmorley
  8. white
  9. ennis
  10. weyman
  11. watmough
  12. creagh
  13. o'donnell
  14. luke lewis
  15. poore
  16. perry
  17. hoffman (if fit)
  18. carney (get him in camp for experience)
Kurt Gidley deserves to celebrate a win for NSW after his years of service, but I dunno where to put him.

petetheileet

First Grade
Absolutely....

I mean really how many games has he started in??

5?

and one of those he lost on his own....

ive seen him do one good thing in origin, game plans around him fail and it was the coaching staff's fault, not necessarily his own.

they came out after saying how they wanted to play with everything around Gidley up the middle.

The problem is, he really isnt that great to have a whole game plan based around him.

Truthy746

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley or Carney
15. Douglas
16. Poore
17. Kite

Big Pete

Referee
At this stage, there are only two players who HAVE to be there, and that's Jarryd Hayne and Anthony Watmough. The latter of the two has to be played on the left side of the field and his position cannot be compromised. On the other hand, Hayne can either play fullback where potentially he'd have the most impact or on the left wing where he's better suited. At this stage, I'd say fullback, but if Dugan continues to improve I'd have him over Hayne.

I'm still wondering who should be selected to play right centre or right wing. I know it may sound ludicrous but I do believe the positioning of players on certain sides of the field does have a major bearing on their performance and it's essential to pick a player on the side that they're most comfortable in. (Unless they're freakishly awesome)

If I was basing my decision on who is the best New South Wales raised right centre it'd be Jamie Lyon no questions asked. But, from the sounds of it, his heart doesn't seem to be in Origin. Another candidate is Jennings who's currently playing out on the right but so far that experiment has been a dissapointment. Which essentially leaves New South Wales with the likes of Champion, Scott, Idris, Reddy or Ayshford.

As for the right wing, there really isn't too many players who can play that position well except for Monaghan. The only other natural right NSWs wingers (worth considering) are Merritt, Gordon and Burt.

adamkungl

Immortal
At this stage, there are only two players who HAVE to be there, and that's Jarryd Hayne and Anthony Watmough. The latter of the two has to be played on the left side of the field and his position cannot be compromised. On the other hand, Hayne can either play fullback where potentially he'd have the most impact or on the left wing where he's better suited. At this stage, I'd say fullback, but if Dugan continues to improve I'd have him over Hayne.

I'm still wondering who should be selected to play right centre or right wing. I know it may sound ludicrous but I do believe the positioning of players on certain sides of the field does have a major bearing on their performance and it's essential to pick a player on the side that they're most comfortable in. (Unless they're freakishly awesome)

If I was basing my decision on who is the best New South Wales raised right centre it'd be Jamie Lyon no questions asked. But, from the sounds of it, his heart doesn't seem to be in Origin. Another candidate is Jennings who's currently playing out on the right but so far that experiment has been a dissapointment. Which essentially leaves New South Wales with the likes of Champion, Scott, Idris, Reddy or Ayshford.

As for the right wing, there really isn't too many players who can play that position well except for Monaghan. The only other natural right NSWs wingers (worth considering) are Merritt, Gordon and Burt.

lol....How would any of those centres even be considered over Jennings. I have no idea what side Lawrence or Josh Morris play on, but they would be far better than the nuffies you suggested.

As for wing, Minichiello will be there. You'll see, you'll all see!

Big Pete

Referee
They wouldn't be, I'm just saying Jennings isn't exactly setting the world on fire so the right centre position is an area of concern for New South Wales.

Morris and Lawrence both play left, as does Tahu.

Jennings would be my pick, but really, he isn't exactly the best prospect and Inglis may have a field day.

RABK

Referee
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Cooper
5. Tahu
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Cross
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. O'Donnell
15. Galloway
16. Lewis
17. Learoyd Lhars

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
He did get belted a bit so far this year but he's better than other names like Douglas and Snowden been mentioned in this thread.

Galloway it is, forgot about him despite him having a great game tonight. Doh

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
I'm far from sold on my idea of Cooper and Tahu either. I'd like to see Mini have a real crack... and obviously there are players like Jennings and Lawrence.

I'd prefer a bit of experience to combat Inglis... so Cooper/Tahu/Mini would be good. I'd consider having Mini drop back to fullback when defending inside our own 50/goal line and chuck Hayne on the wing. Mini's positioning is inifinite times better than Haynes.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Minichiello always lifts his game for NSW. If he can do it on the wing against someone like Folau and Inglis is another story.

And Id have Snowden ahead of Poore. But Galloway has been real good so far this year and was probably worth a look in last year too.

Rod

Bench
A bit from left field but if NSW are intent on closing down Inglis, Mad Dog? Maybe an old head in what will otherwise be a very young backline could help as well.

azzah72

Bench
1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Lyon
4.Jening
5.Morris

6.Bird
7.Pearce

8.Bailey
9.Ennis
10.Weyman

11.whatmough
12.Creagh
13.Gallen

14.Leroy Lahrs
15. O'Donnell
16.Kite
16.Farrah

RedVfaithful

Juniors
1-Hayne After last year he picks himself
2-Lawrence Big strong and fast well overdue for a blues jersey
3-jennings The future the nsw backline has all the ability a centre should
4-Cooper Great defence and played a great game against cowboys looked like cooper in his prime
5-B Morris Best winger nsw have
6-Soward His speed and kicking game will be really handy
7-Pearce He is in great form and this year looks like he is more mature than previous years
8-Weyman
9-Ennis I think his style of footy will benefit the blues rather than farah
10-Hindmarsh You know hindnmarsh will show up and give his all and could also be captain
11-watmough same reason as hayne
12-Creagh One of nsw best player last year
13-Gallen Love his style of footy for origin level

14-Learoyd lahrs
15-O Donnell
16-Poore
17-Prior/Lewis/Matao/hornby