What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin

franklin2323

Immortal
I know your not I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. We all know Freddie will stick solid with certain players and not select a side just based on current form.

He is reason why nice guys make ordinary coaches. Instead of get mates off side will pick out of form guys

Original Name

Juniors
Pretty much. At this point I think people just see highlights of a big hit once in a while and assume they're the good players
Check out the Dylan Napa signing thread on the Kennel. About 90% of them were so excited to sign him and let go Klemmer. They got emotional and over the way Klemmer left and let it cloud their judgement as Dogs fans do.

GongPanther

Referee
Yeo just announced in Blues team by Freddy after Yeo announced he and his wife are expectng. A great moment on Nines Footy Show.

And on another point, I hope Freddy took note of those players involved in that amazing Critchton try, as they are all in the current SOO conversation.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeo just announced in Blues team by Freddy after Yeo announced he and his wife are expectng. A great moment on Nines Footy Show.

And on another point, I hope Freddy took note of those players involved in that amazing Critchton try, as they are all in the current SOO conversation.
I didn't realize that Yeo was married.

murraymob

Coach
Check out the Dylan Napa signing thread on the Kennel. About 90% of them were so excited to sign him and let go Klemmer. They got emotional and over the way Klemmer left and let it cloud their judgement as Dogs fans do.
Check out the thread they have on Napa they are willing to trade him for anyone even give him to another club for free lol

GongPanther

Referee
smh.com.au
Brian To’o to make State of Origin debut for NSW
Michael Chammas
2 minutes
Penrith winger Brian To’o will make his State of Origin debut next week, earning a call up to the NSW team for the opening game of the series.

It comes as the Blues have been boosted by South Sydney’s Cam Murray escaping a charge for a crusher tackle in Saturday’s win over Parramatta.

18ff963269bf7270639e0c928c36a9a179112a05

Penrith winger Brian To’o will make his State of Origin debut next week.Credit:NRL Photos

Blues coach Brad Fittler revealed on Nine’s Sports Sunday that he had made a couple of calls to debutants on Sunday morning to inform them they would play in the first game of the series, but wouldn’t elaborate on who they were.

Sources with knowledge of selections told the Herald one of those players is To’o, who has edged out the Sydney Roosters’ Daniel Tupou and Parramatta’s Blake Ferguson for the right to partner Josh Addo-Carr as NSW’s wingers. Fellow Panthers player Isaah Yeo has also been confirmed in the NSW 17 on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

It’s understood Panthers five-eighth Jarome Luai will also make his State of Origin debut, however it is unclear whether he will be on the bench or start in the halves alongside Nathan Cleary.

The NSW team will gather in camp in Coogee throughout the day, with Fittler to officially announce the team on Sunday night.

Possible NSW team for State of Origin I
  1. James Tedesco
  2. Josh Addo-Carr
  3. Latrell Mitchell
  4. Tom Trbojevic
  5. Brian To’o
  6. Jack Wighton/Jarome Luai
  7. Nathan Cleary
  8. Daniel Saifiti
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Cameron Murray
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Jarome Luai/Jack Wighton
  15. Junior Paulo
  16. Isaah Yeo
  17. Tevita Pangai Junior/Liam Martin
More to come
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/br...-of-origin-debut-for-nsw-20210530-p57wf1.html

Crashtest

Juniors
smh.com.au
Brian To’o to make State of Origin debut for NSW
Michael Chammas
2 minutes
Penrith winger Brian To’o will make his State of Origin debut next week, earning a call up to the NSW team for the opening game of the series.

It comes as the Blues have been boosted by South Sydney’s Cam Murray escaping a charge for a crusher tackle in Saturday’s win over Parramatta.

18ff963269bf7270639e0c928c36a9a179112a05

Penrith winger Brian To’o will make his State of Origin debut next week.Credit:NRL Photos

Blues coach Brad Fittler revealed on Nine’s Sports Sunday that he had made a couple of calls to debutants on Sunday morning to inform them they would play in the first game of the series, but wouldn’t elaborate on who they were.

Sources with knowledge of selections told the Herald one of those players is To’o, who has edged out the Sydney Roosters’ Daniel Tupou and Parramatta’s Blake Ferguson for the right to partner Josh Addo-Carr as NSW’s wingers. Fellow Panthers player Isaah Yeo has also been confirmed in the NSW 17 on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

It’s understood Panthers five-eighth Jarome Luai will also make his State of Origin debut, however it is unclear whether he will be on the bench or start in the halves alongside Nathan Cleary.

The NSW team will gather in camp in Coogee throughout the day, with Fittler to officially announce the team on Sunday night.

Possible NSW team for State of Origin I
  1. James Tedesco
  2. Josh Addo-Carr
  3. Latrell Mitchell
  4. Tom Trbojevic
  5. Brian To’o
  6. Jack Wighton/Jarome Luai
  7. Nathan Cleary
  8. Daniel Saifiti
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Cameron Murray
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Jarome Luai/Jack Wighton
  15. Junior Paulo
  16. Isaah Yeo
  17. Tevita Pangai Junior/Liam Martin
More to come
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/br...-of-origin-debut-for-nsw-20210530-p57wf1.html

Glad to see all 4 selected, possibly 5 if Martin gets the final bench spot. But wish they were starting with Luai and Yeo, rather than have them coming off the bench. The game could be over before they even make it onto the field if QLD get off to a fast start.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Glad to see all 4 selected. But wish they were starting with Luai and Yeo, rather than have them coming off the bench. The game could be over before they even make it onto the field if QLD get off to a fast start.
I'm selfish to the point that I hope its just Cleary, To'o and Yeo. Need our other players for the clash with the Tigers especially after Leota hasn't done us any favours in getting rubbed out for the one game.

Crashtest

Juniors
Glad to see all 4 selected. But wish they were starting with Luai and Yeo, rather than have them coming off the bench. The game could be over before they even make it onto the field if QLD get off to a fast start.
I was hoping Api would make it.

He may get a shot for game 2 if the Blues lose game 1 and Cook has a bad game. Fittler has shown he will make big game 2 changes if he doesn’t get the results in the first game.

Crashtest

Juniors
I'm selfish to the point that I hope its just Cleary, To'o and Yeo. Need our other players for the clash with the Tigers especially after Leota hasn't done us any favours in getting rubbed out for the one game.

Losing both Luai and Cleary will certainly be hard to cover. Martin and Luai would of go got the job done without Cleary, but Martin and May as the halves may be a struggle.

GongPanther

Referee
Losing both Luai and Cleary will certainly be hard to cover. Martin and Luai would of go got the job done without Cleary, but Martin and May as the halves may be a struggle.
Noticed the way our reserve grade half was playing yesterday as he seemed to be emulating Cleary's gameplay of setting up the backline.

Crashtest

Juniors
Noticed the way our reserve grade half was playing yesterday as he seemed to be emulating Cleary's gameplay of setting up the backline.

They upgraded Falls contract a couple of weeks ago, so he is eligible to play next week. He is also an excellent goal kicker, so can fill in there as well if selected.

Crashtest

Juniors
The Maroons will certainly have a strong attacking side this year.

Considering they won last year with a team called the worst side in QLD history, lets hope Fitter gets his selections and bench rotations rights this year, or we could be in for another series loss.

At least there is no Bennet factor this year.

likely-maroons_20210527.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo starts 13 or doesn't play if I'm coach.
Would be very NSWesque to pick Luai and Yeo only to waste their combination s with Cleary by having them on the bench.

Pretty pointless using Yeo if he's not lock and a link man for Cleary. Likewise Luai if he's not srarting with Nathan.

There will be no club combination in use for the game from the undefeated team. To'o will be on right edge with no combination with anyone. Nathan wont have anyone he links with from Panthers either. Just seems f**king pointless and stupid picking players and not using the advantage they provide.