What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin

MugaB

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Critter
4. Turbo
5. Fox
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Koroisau
10. Paulo
11. Martin
12. Jurbo
13. Yeo

14. Burton
15. Saifiti
16. Frizzell (dont rate him on recent years but he's straight in because Fittler values experience so highly and form barely at all)
17. Murray /

Geez that's all 8 players from riffs top squad, I'd be not going with burton and critta, latteral and Big jack will most probably get first shot. In both (no.3)centre and (no.14)ultility
Swap Yeo for Murray, and Saifiti for Haas, and im fairly sure thats the squad, unless its Luai at 14, and Big Jack at 6

Jane Murray

Bench
Geez that's all 8 players from riffs top squad, I'd be not going with burton and critta, latteral and Big jack will most probably get first shot. In both (no.3)centre and (no.14)ultility
Swap Yeo for Murray, and Saifiti for Haas, and im fairly sure thats the squad, unless its Luai at 14, and Big Jack at 6
Crichton, Luai, Yeo, Burton, and To'o all deserves selection.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wighton and Mitchell were both terrible in their last performances for the blues.

Im certain both will be picked... But neither deserves it on current form or their most recent Origin performances.

Fangs

Coach
Cleary, Luai, Korisau and Yeo could easily be the NSW spine. Tedesco would need to take a back seat.

I think Cook and Big Jake get the nod however. Yeo will get a bench spot.

Whatever happens I just hope we rest all our stars during Origin. The days of players backing up for weekend football are over. I can still can't believe we played the 2018 Origin reps 2 nights later in Canberra. One of them was Maloney who was absolutely busted for the rest of the season. They were highly influential in the win against the Raiders but it can be way too costly.

Flashstep

Juniors
Apparently Freddy is looking at Wighton 6 and Luai 14, I would think it's BS but Freddy has already proven how much of a f**kwit he is at times when it comes to NSW.

I think Murray will get 13 with Yeo on the bench, I don't think Jurbo has done anything to warrant selection but knowing our selectors we need him just because Turbo will be in the team. Who cares if Penrith have the form halves duo though...

franklin2323

Immortal
Apparently Freddy is looking at Wighton 6 and Luai 14, I would think it's BS but Freddy has already proven how much of a f**kwit he is at times when it comes to NSW.

I think Murray will get 13 with Yeo on the bench, I don't think Jurbo has done anything to warrant selection but knowing our selectors we need him just because Turbo will be in the team. Who cares if Penrith have the form halves duo though...

I said it earlier. I doubt we see much change it is a boys club. Freddy will ensure Souffs etc have players in the squad somewhere

Kilkenny

Coach
Brandy is Freddie’s right hand man, advisor what ever title he has so that will count for something.

From my perspective they either pick Jerome in the six or not at all. I don’t see any value in picking him as the number 14.

Jake T will be there for sure, rightly or wrongly. I assume he will get the 13. Yeo will either start in the back row or off the bench. Liam Martin’s chances of grabbing a bench spot have been enhanced by the suspension of Angus Crichton for game 1 although he may be competing for a spot with TPJ.

I think Api should get the dummy half job in front of Damien Cook, but he won’t Freddie will stick solid with Cook, sadly because he really isn’t playing any where near well enough to justify his position.

It will be interesting, if selections were based solely on club form we would have six representatives but having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if we only have three. (I haven’t considered Stephen Crichton for possible selection given he hasn’t quite done enough)

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Capewell. Yeo, Cleary are certain that is a good outcome club games wise if it stays like that

Yes and no. Api, Jerome, Liam certainly have the runs on the board deserving of selection. I hope they get picked and clearly we have the depth at present to be able to cover there absence given we have minimal injuries.

Even in the worst case scenario where we may lose a game or two during the origin period we have enough points already to ensure a top four position.

I hope our players are rewarded for there outstanding club form, they deserve it, we deserve it and our back up players in Kenny, Hopgood etc deserve it too as they will not let us down.

betcats

Referee
Brandy is Freddie’s right hand man, advisor what ever title he has so that will count for something.

From my perspective they either pick Jerome in the six or not at all. I don’t see any value in picking him as the number 14.

Jake T will be there for sure, rightly or wrongly. I assume he will get the 13. Yeo will either start in the back row or off the bench. Liam Martin’s chances of grabbing a bench spot have been enhanced by the suspension of Angus Crichton for game 1 although he may be competing for a spot with TPJ.

I think Api should get the dummy half job in front of Damien Cook, but he won’t Freddie will stick solid with Cook, sadly because he really isn’t playing any where near well enough to justify his position.

It will be interesting, if selections were based solely on club form we would have six representatives but having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if we only have three. (I haven’t considered Stephen Crichton for possible selection given he hasn’t quite done enough)

Freddy over thinks it to much. Picking Wighton at 6 and Jarome at 14 would be the most NSW selection ever. You pick the form halves pairing and put one on the bench and start Wighton who is far more suited to being the utility, seems crazy to me.

Kilkenny

Coach
Freddy over thinks it to much. Picking Wighton at 6 and Jarome at 14 would be the most NSW selection ever. You pick the form halves pairing and put one on the bench and start Wighton who is far more suited to being the utility, seems crazy to me.

NSW lost the series last year which was unforgivable really and probably down to team selections really so I tend to agree.

If Freddie picks a team based on form and not past history NSW will win the series I have no doubt.

If he picks a team with Jack Wighton, Damien Cook etc etc and others based in former performance then the series is up for grabs.

I just think Jerome either starts in the six or not at all. Burton would be a better 14 than Jerome not that I think that he will or should go down that path.

Kilkenny

Coach
I see there is an article on foxsports where Cameron Smith suggests the Blues are crazy is they don’t go with Jerome and Api. He is 100% right but sadly it ain’t gonna happen.

I love origin, great games and all but my focus is and always is around the Panthers.

I want as many of our players to get picked as possible because it is recognition of there achievements at club level.

If Freddie chooses to go with the incumbents and decide not to include Api, Jerome, Liam etc then fair play to the Maroons. I won’t lose any sleep if they win the series again.

It’s probably remiss of me not to have included Brian To’o in the selection debate. I simply haven’t included him because sadly he just won’t be there in game 1. Yes he is the form winger in the competition but Freddie will pick Daniel Tupou on one wing and a fullback such as Tommy T on the other that is just a given.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes and no. Api, Jerome, Liam certainly have the runs on the board deserving of selection. I hope they get picked and clearly we have the depth at present to be able to cover there absence given we have minimal injuries.

Even in the worst case scenario where we may lose a game or two during the origin period we have enough points already to ensure a top four position.

I hope our players are rewarded for there outstanding club form, they deserve it, we deserve it and our back up players in Kenny, Hopgood etc deserve it too as they will not let us down.

Not saying those guys don't deserve it.
Last year it was end of the year with that had no Tommy Turbo, Murray and Teddy missed a game too.

So that will get them back in the side as well as their club's teams form.

So outside of those that played last year. I don't see any others getting in

Kilkenny

Coach
Not saying those guys don't deserve it.
Last year it was end of the year with that had no Tommy Turbo, Murray and Teddy missed a game too.

So that will get them back in the side as well as their club's teams form.

So outside of those that played last year. I don't see any others getting in

I know your not I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. We all know Freddie will stick solid with certain players and not select a side just based on current form.

Jane Murray

Bench
I know your not I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. We all know Freddie will stick solid with certain players and not select a side just based on current form.
Disagree with that. When Fittler first came on board, he did a whole sale changes. He brought in a whole bunch of rookies. This time, he could do the same.

Kilkenny

Coach
Disagree with that. When Fittler first came on board, he did a whole sale changes. He brought in a whole bunch of rookies. This time, he could do the same.

The team is yet to be announced so perhaps I am going off early.

The only point I make is I don’t believe he will select a team based around NRL form.

If he does then we will have half a dozen representatives including Brian To’o but it just won’t happen. Maybe game two, if the blues lose the first one, but I truly believe he will stick solid with Wighton, Tupou, Jake Turbo and a few others for game 1.

I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Jane Murray

Bench
The team is yet to be announced so perhaps I am going off early.

The only point I make is I don’t believe he will select a team based around NRL form.

If he does then we will have half a dozen representatives including Brian To’o but it just won’t happen. Maybe game two, if the blues lose the first one, but I truly believe he will stick solid with Wighton, Tupou, Jake Turbo and a few others for game 1.

I’m happy to be proved wrong.
Everyone is going off early. I've read at least 10 contradictory posts on this.