What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW selections?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Actually most knights players were roped in by the "next joey johns" stuff, and were saying how he was going to kill it, it was only after the event they all tried fessing up as saying "i thought he wasnt ready for it" :lol:

FTR i think he's a far better player now then he was then

You couldnt be more wrong champ, Serc is spot on. Pretty much every Knights fan at the start of 07 was sh*t scared of how we were going to go without Joey and felt there was already far too much pressure on Jarrods young shoulders, adding playing out of position in an Origin was in manys opinion going too far for a 19yo.

We all hoped he would be ok, and in reality he did go ok, but noone was confident.

Serc

First Grade
I really did say it raider :(

I'm pretty sure if you dug up my posts (and many others) at the time the general consensus was that he wasn't ready...obviously when he was picked I got on the bandwagon like anyone else, but I still think most of us got those thoughts out there beforehand.

aussies1st

Staff member
Whatever the reason, I'm happy to have Lyon in the side. He will add to our attack which has been missing in previous years.

Big Pete

Referee
That Tonie Carroll story was proven to be blown way out of context.

All in all that's very close to the team I had predicted a few weeks ago. The only differences I had were Mullen, Waterhouse and no Craig Wing.