What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yes I know, hence my first point about watching the fella play. It isnt completely without merit either though

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Blake Ferguson / Will Hopoate
5. Will Hopoate / Blake Ferguson
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Anthony Watmough

14. James Tamou
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Trent Merrin
17. Wade Graham

Sleep

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Hopoate (depending on form when he's back)
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Gordon (If he can ever beat his injuries)
6. Carney
7. A Reynolds
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Grant
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Fifita
15. Watmough
16. Woods
17. Merrin/Graham

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Hoppa Jr
3. Jennings
4. Ferguson
5. Wighton
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen (c)

14. Watmough
15. Merrin
16. Fifita
17. Grant

gronkathon

First Grade
When I think about the crop of lightning quick and strong outside backs coming through NRL ranks I think next year may see turdy in the centres and two new wingers. The Morris boys are on the way out for mine

otori

Juniors
One can only hope that Hoppa's mission doesn't see him come back a shadow of his former self like Albert. He would be very useful in Origin next year.

Also,
6. Mullen
7. Reynolds

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I think it's a disgrace that Carney isn't there. I re-watched Game 3 2012 last night and Carney nailed the sideline conversion to make it 20-20. THEN with less than 2 minutes left stuck on their 10 metre line Carney kicks an amazing ball to Hayne to get them on the 40 for the 2nd tackle. On the 4th tackle Pearce screws the play by passing to Gallen to take a hitup rather than cutting him out to spread it further into the middle. As a result NSW are stuck on the 5th next to the left sideline. Pearce attempts the field goal which has the legs but not on target. If it was kicked from the centre who knows what would've happened. Carney did everything he could to win that game for NSW but he was dropped instead of Pearce. 2014 halves should be:
6. Carney
7. A Reynolds
Both can kick conversions and both can kick field goals.

Rod

Bench
One can only hope that Hoppa's mission doesn't see him come back a shadow of his former self like Albert. He would be very useful in Origin next year.

Also,
6. Mullen
7. Reynolds

I think this could be a great combo also.

But also agreed with those saying Carney has been screwed over. Ridiculous the way NSW has recycled their halves during this Qld reign.

BranVan3000

Coach
They have been searching for somebody who could cover for Mitchell's ineptitude rather than putting together the best halves. Carney was selected based on the criteria that he worked well with the Myth at the Roosters, now Maloney is brought in as a "calming influence" on the Myth.

timka4

Bench
I think any combo of Mullen/Carney/A. Reynolds would be a good combination, Carney didn't play great in origin but I thought he wasn't bad either. It's hard when the other half is below par

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Ferguson
3. Hopoate
4. Jennings
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Carney
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Cordner
12. Bird
13. Watmough

14. Sutton
15. Lewis - He's always played better off the bench for NSW, IMO.
16. Fifita
17. Grant - It's absolutely ridiculous that he's not playing in Game 3.

Last edited:
1. Dugan
2. Minichiello
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Tamou
11. Lewis