What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

chrisD

Coach
1. Hayne
3. Jennings
6. Carney
8. Fifita
9. Farah
12. Bird
13. Merrin

Fill in the blanks, doesn't really matter with who so long as there's no Merritt.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think this could be a great combo also.

But also agreed with those saying Carney has been screwed over. Ridiculous the way NSW has recycled their halves during this Qld reign.

How the f**k is Carney not one of the first Blues picked?

Other halves options selected or discussed - Maloney, the Reynolds brothers, Mullen, even Pearce (whom I rate) - are passengers in strong club sides. But Carney is a genuine superstar. He's capable of carrying a team by himself.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Dugan
3. Jennings
4. Wighton
5. Stewart

Halves: Either Maloney (6) and Carney (7) or Carney (6) and Reynolds (7)

8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Woods
15. Grant
16. Cordner
17. Merrin

Edit: Hopoate might come in for Stewart depending on form.

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Trent Merrin
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. John Sutton
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Boyd Cordner (if he goes well)

BranVan3000

Coach

Other halves options selected or discussed - Maloney, the Reynolds brothers, Mullen, even Pearce (whom I rate) - are passengers in strong club sides. But Carney is a genuine superstar. He's capable of carrying a team by himself.

This.

Carney has won a Dally M medal with good reason, if any player should be given the opportunity of time to adjust to Origin intensity it should be Carney, not the myth.

Cliffhanger

Coach
It was unfair Carney didn't get another chance this year. He was really starting to hit his stride in origin in game 3.

Does anyone honestly believe NSW evil change the halves I'd they win the decider?

Yosh

Coach

Mullen a passenger? You watched any of our games?

This.

Carney has won a Dally M medal with good reason, if any player should be given the opportunity of time to adjust to Origin intensity it should be Carney, not the myth.

Carney won that Dally M at the Roosters. The Roosters gave Carney his good form, not the other way round.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Lol, you're an idiot, so is any Roosters' fan who thinks we would have made it to the 2010 Grand Final without Todd Carney is an idiot. We wouldn't have even come close to making the Grand Final without him. Look what happened to the team when Carney stopped playing well.

The fact the Sharks are currently in the top four is testimony enough that Todd Carney is a very special player.

All the Roosters gave Carney was another chance to show what he has when his head is even half screwed on right.

Lol, you're an idiot, so is any Roosters' fan who thinks we would have made it to the 2010 Grand Final without Todd Carney is an idiot. We wouldn't have even come close to making the Grand Final without him. Look what happened to the team when Carney stopped playing well.

The fact the Sharks are currently in the top four is testimony enough that Todd Carney is a very special player.

All the Roosters gave Carney was another chance to show what he has when his head is even half screwed on right.

Not a true Roosters fan.

1. Dugan
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. Wighton
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Reynolds
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Grant
11. Lewis
12. Cordner
13. Bird

Fifita, Snowden, Merrin, J Reynolds

No player is bigger than the club. Except the Roosters 2010 where Carney was. Fk me dead I've never seen such wank. He didn't even win us a premiership.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Nobody says he was bigger than the club. He was an indispensable part of the team. His contribution was huge, he was more than instrumental in the success of that season.

Nobody says he was bigger than the club. He was an indispensable part of the team. His contribution was huge, he was more than instrumental in the success of that season.

"All the Roosters gave Carney was another chance to show what he has when his head is even half screwed on right."

Are you a Carney fan or a Rooster fan?

Jason Maher

Immortal
You went from last to second due to 2 people:

1) Brian Smith
2) Todd Carney

You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Of course, we already know you're delusional due to your constant boosting of Pearce.