What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

TheFrog

Coach
Why? Who's knocking on the door? Moylan lol
He'll probably be safe, especially in a Roosters jersey, but a lot can happen in a year to a bloke who depends on speed and step. Think Rhys Wesser between 2003 and 2004.

And as I've said before, he's not the complete player just yet. He's got mistakes in him and has quiet games. It is completely possible someone else could be better 12 months from now.

Funny you should mention Moylan. Matt kicked his arse when they met a few weeks back but his form since hasn't been great, to say the least.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Like I've said many many times before, it's easy to look good when your forwards get a roll on which the panthers did against the tigers.

It's another thing to play good under adversity, whilst your team is getting beat every week (Tedesco)

We probably won't but frankly couldn't care less

Cleary has given us a fresh breath of air & we're looking ok for the future

Meanwhile the dogs will consistently scrape into the 8 and barrel out in the 1st week like the mediocre team they are

Woods will be great lol

Still one step further then you lot.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I don't even get wtf you're trying to say, I said to take a fair and objective view, compare his line breaks to the other NSW backrowers to see how ineffective he was. What're you going on about now?

this is what you said arseclown lol

Jackson has been ineffective at rep level time and time again, .

i subsequently posted a picture of last years blues best of series winner to which you attempted to shift goalposts by claiming you meant test level all along.

you've now attempted shifting posts and well as playing dumb in attempt to squirm from your fairweather fan simpleton mistake.

keep squirming bitch LOL

RazorRam0n

Juniors
i agree jarryd needs more than 1 decent (he wasn't great by his lofty standards) performance to be back in the origin mix.

his workrate still doesn't demand fb over tedesco at this stage.

i'd still love jarryd back at the eels. but am objective enough to call it as it is. i knew one half decent performance would have the media hype machine and form f**kwits creaming their pants all over again....especially those that support 2 clubs let alone rivals, their opinions deserve ZERO cred

Walt Flanigan

Referee
As long as Hayne doesn’t completely suck in the lead up to Origin I’d like to see him in the team somewhere. Hopefully he stays on the park until then and builds some match fitness up. His play making is getting there, but needs to start running the ball more.

Would prefer Teddy at Fullback in any case. So I’d have Hayne in the centres.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Bj showed why he's not demanding selection, went missing again in an arm wrestle

The Warriors game last week was an arm wrestle until BJ broke them open in the second half.

Every player in contention is going to have the odd quiet game leading up to Origin so you can't rule someone out every time that happens.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
The Warriors game last week was an arm wrestle until BJ broke them open in the second half.

Every player in contention is going to have the odd quiet game leading up to Origin so you can't rule someone out every time that happens.

warriors don't arm wrestle anybody, they're always good for 10 minutes of fade.

point is you look at the players who've been there and see how they respond when times are tough and you ask can the replacement do more if they are similar situations? answer for players like roberts and mitchell etc is they go missing.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
warriors don't arm wrestle anybody, they're always good for 10 minutes of fade.

point is you look at the players who've been there and see how they respond when times are tough and you ask can the replacement do more if they are similar situations? answer for players like roberts and mitchell etc is they go missing.

The Warriors were winning 8 - 6 before BJ broke through in the 60th minute. I'd say that was an arm wrestle.

I wouldn't say BJ goes missing. If he doesn't break the line 4 times, setup tries and score a couple, people will say he had a quiet game. But even in those "quiet" games he doesn't go missing, he still ends running more metres than most.

Coaches do their homework on him and throw plenty of jerseys his way every game, so it's not always so easy, but he's still able to create something from nothing with little time and space. That's what origin is like and why I would have him in the side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
judging off comments from sterling, daley and gallen that ive heard recently i think the team will resememble this:

1. tedesco
2. hayne/trobejevic
3. jennings
3. dugan
5. ferguson
6. maloney
7. pearce
8. woods
9. wallace/peats
10. fifita
11. cordner (c)
12. frizzell
13. jackson

14. klemmer
15. graham

then probably some bench spots up for grabs between boyd, james, tamou, merrin. jdb, trobevejvic etc

RazorRam0n

Juniors
judging off comments from sterling, daley and gallen that ive heard recently i think the team will resememble this:

1. tedesco
2. hayne/trobejevic
3. jennings
3. dugan
5. ferguson
6. maloney
7. pearce
8. woods
9. wallace/peats
10. fifita
11. cordner (c)
12. frizzell
13. jackson

14. klemmer
15. graham

then probably some bench spots up for grabs between boyd, james, tamou, merrin. jdb, trobevejvic etc

i think this is pretty close to the money except fifita won't start, sterlo trusts him like he does dennis ferguson.

you can add bird as 17 to that make-up, he won't miss out.

Boganater

Juniors
1.Tedesco
2.Dugan
3.Croker
4.Hayne
5.Leilua
6.Austin
7.Maloney
8.Fifita
9.Peats
10.Boyd
11.Cordner
12.Graham
13.Merrin
14.Frizell
15.Vaughan
16.Klemmer
17.Bird/Aubusson

Yeah it's got a few Raiders. Austin-Big Boot, hits holes, runs, backs up. Simple to make a game plan for.

Spot On

Coach

1. tedesco
2. hayne/trobejevic
3. jennings
3. dugan
5. ferguson
6. maloney
7. pearce
8. woods
9. wallace/peats
10. fifita
11. cordner (c)
12. frizzell
13. jackson

14. klemmer
15. graham

Jennings, Pearce, Jackson - really???? Do you think Sterling would push for those 3?

big hit!

Bench

1. tedesco
2. hayne/trobejevic
3. jennings
3. dugan
5. ferguson
6. maloney
7. pearce
8. woods
9. wallace/peats
10. fifita
11. cordner (c)
12. frizzell
13. jackson

14. klemmer
15. graham

i know this is your prediction, but surely Jackson doesn't get a gig as a middle forward. He doesn't even play there for Canterbury. Folks classify 11-12-13 as 'backrow', but the roles and play of an edge and middle forward are f**king poles apart. Jackson shows nothing that he'd be able to handle the intensity of the grunt work in the middle at origin level. Frizzell played better in his one game as an MF at origin and he'd be better than Jackson there, or bring in other players like Vaughan or the chubby Trobjevic who play there week in week out and are great at it. Graham comes in as a starter on the left edge.

Stock standard NRL forward, every team has a few of them. How he's a rep player is ridiculous.

Even at his age Luke Lewis is 10x the player

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sterling is a massive Jackson fan and has said he will be there.

Last week on triple m Gallen said Cordner, Jackson, Frizzell and Graham will All be in the team with Jackson likely playing in the middle and Graham off the bench cause both he and Cordner play left side.