What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maybe the no dickhead policy?

I think its easy to forget him when he's playing up there. I've never felt comfortable with a bronco playing for the blues including Lazo and C Johns. Matterson and De Vere were definitely odd..

So why is Ferguson and Dugan there? I'm not Roberts' biggest fan off the field but surely in an organ match you just pick the best players available? Roberts and Walker are probably the best two centres in the comp this season! I can tell you QLD would much rather face Dugan and Hayne in the centres rather than Roberts and Walker who have genuine foot speed.

Barkley

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Bird
4. Dugan / Walker
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Fifita
9. Wallace / Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Graham

14. Moylan
15. Vaughan
16. Woods
17. Jackson

MilkShark

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Bird
4. Dugan / Walker
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Fifita
9. Wallace / Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Graham

14. Moylan
15. Vaughan
16. Woods
17. Jackson
Not a bad side, Jackson on the bench is where he belongs. If I could replace Woods I would too.

Edit*

Actually piss Woods off. Replace him with Trbojevic.

Last edited:

Barkley

Bench
Not a bad side, Jackson on the bench is where he belongs. If I could replace Woods I would too.

Woods is a tough one. There is not much to keep him out of the side. Tamou, Merrin or J Trbojevic.
Regardless, we all know he will be in the starting side.

TheFrog

Coach
So why is Ferguson and Dugan there? I'm not Roberts' biggest fan off the field but surely in an organ match you just pick the best players available? Roberts and Walker are probably the best two centres in the comp this season! I can tell you QLD would much rather face Dugan and Hayne in the centres rather than Roberts and Walker who have genuine foot speed.
Roberts does not like to tackle. He does not even like to chase. He's dangerous with the ball but that's all. Ferguson is equally dangerous and a lot smarter. Dugan is a selectors favourite but he does offer strong tackle-busting runs.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Roberts does not like to tackle. He does not even like to chase. He's dangerous with the ball but that's all. Ferguson is equally dangerous and a lot smarter. Dugan is a selectors favourite but he does offer strong tackle-busting runs.

Just on roberts' defence. Has been a million times better this season. He's never going to be a defensive centre, but I haven't noticed his defence being awful.

papabear

Juniors
Woods is up there with that big pillow jason ryles.

How these blokes keep getting picked for rep sides is beyond me.

Vaughn, Paulo , I would take seumanafengai over woods ambling back to take the occasional tackle 4 hit up when they have momentum or jump in third or fourth man in to up the old tackle count.

Honestly it is criminal.

Ferguson is well past it and Dugan.... in the centres is just yuck, if he has to be picked stick him on the wing.

myrrh ken

First Grade
reported line up - http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ns...7/news-story/343d2ab420bdb6696d71ea57f302a8fb

James Tedesco at Fullback

Blake Ferguson and Daniel Tupou on the wings

Jarryd Hayne and Josh Dugan in the centres

Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney in the halves

Woods and Klemmer starting in the front row

Peats to make his debut if Wallace is ruled out with a groin injury

Boyd Cordner, Wade Graham and Tyson Frizell will start in the second-row; and

Jack Bird to start on the bench alongside Fifita, Jake Trbojevic and Josh Jackson

Not the best line up.

I'd prefer Bird or Walker for Duges tbh.

Who's going into dummy half - Bird or Jackson? Maybe Peach could've been handy

Clifferd

Coach
reported line up - http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ns...7/news-story/343d2ab420bdb6696d71ea57f302a8fb

Jack Bird to start on the bench alongside Fifita, Jake Trbojevic and Josh Jackson

Not the best line up.

I assume Bird will, he came on last year as someone who just floated around the ruck in hope of creating something

In fairness, it did work

I'm a bit shocked if peats does get picked, thought Farah would've been first picked

RazorRam0n

Juniors

Not the best line up.

seen this floating about a few places....

i'd be pretty stoked if that's the final side....no players are out of form.