What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

Does anyone picking James Roberts actually watch when Broncos don't have the ball, i.e, defending?
The bloke is a turnstile and was made to look completely incompetent by Copley on the weekend. It's just a NO.
I'm a Qlder & have been saying it for 2 years .
If Jimmy the turnstile couldn't run fast he would be sitting on the reserve bench in 2nd grade in the bush .
Sure he can run fast but his defensive reads are terrible .

TheFrog

Coach
Moylan should never have been dropped, he was the one that won them the game the year before.
It was the Pearce push from goodness knows where, which thankfully doesn't seem to be happening this year, with him no longer at the Roosters.

Moylan was in much, much better form this time last year than now, and in much better shape as well. His hamstring problems are starting to look long term and he is a renowned poor rehabber. He would need to show serious form to even be considered.

RufusRex

Post Whore
so NSW can choose to go with soft stat generating forwards or actually build a pack that is hard/menacing and can get the job done ...

I mean the doggies in 14th cannot expect to supply three forwards to the origin team

the pack ie 5 starting forwards and 3 bench forwards should be

Vaughan, Klemmer, Frizell, Cordner, JDB ... RCG, Ryan James and Jake Trbo

You need a starting hooker and a util player to round that out ...
Cook/Peachey maybe

The backs are a mess.

big hit!

Bench
Which is far far far far far far better than the mentality of picking someone who has failed at this level game after game after game after game after game after game after game .

As a Qlder ..please pick Mythcell .
As a footy fan ....why would you not give a decent no 7 a go who is in very good form & who also has a kicking game that makes Pearce look hopeless .

Nah go back to the definition of insanity
Doing the same thing ove & over & hoping for a different result .

where in that did I write select Pearce? Where in that did write Pearce has the attributes for rep footy?

Your Pearce obsession is beyond troubling

big hit!

Bench
He was actually pretty good at his time at Manly & Storm.

definitely, and I wrote last season in a thread about Manly that he was great in the role, playing as first receiver and allowing DCE to do his thing out on the edge.

does he have the goods for rep level though? NSW will need 2 halves on both sides of the ruck who can trouble the defence. simple game managers won't cut it......Adam Reynolds case in point.

he's also 31 and won't be around much longer. Maloney and him together leaves NSW with yet another f**king problem in a year when they will need to blood another brand new halves combo at this level.

where in that did I write select Pearce? Where in that did write Pearce has the attributes for rep footy?

Your Pearce obsession is beyond troubling
Lol
Put your paranoia on hold ..it's quite troubling
You were talking about the mentality of picking someone on 4 good games .
I just countered with the mentality of picking someone continiously .

Someone who has never performed at this level .
I never said you wanted to pick Pearce
I was generalising on the NSw selection mentality .

myrrh ken

First Grade
read above

Gee whiz you seem upset.

Given that Pearce has occupied the position for the majority of 10 years, there's not many players with proven SOO experience is there?

Why don't you suggest who we should pick?

big hit!

Bench
Gee whiz you seem upset.

Given that Pearce has occupied the position for the majority of 10 years, there's not many players with proven SOO experience is there?

Why don't you suggest who we should pick?

every origin player with experience had to start somewhere....smith and thurston didn't win their first origin series, yet NSW expect young halves /acting half to come out and take immediate glory. QLD lost a few series, but built a dynasty around these players. they identified attributes, and cultivated an environment which gave them confidence to excel. NSW does the opposite.

and now, there's talk of going into a series with Greene and Maloney to lead the attack? another new halves combo with both players lucky to last 1 or 2 more series. Then what happens? Another new player to blood / combo to gel again.

Cleary has the goods. His injury probably puts a damper on a selection. it would've been great to have him play alongside Maloney in the early season. Moylan is in his prime and most likely to be there for a few years. Time to see what he has to offer as a starting half for the series.

The Friz

Juniors
8- Klemmer
9- McInness?
10- Vaughan
11- Cordner - Very Lucky he's the captain
12 - Friz
13 - Trbojevic
14 - Debelin
15 - RCG
16 - James
17 - Graham??