What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

big hit!

Bench
8- Klemmer
9- McInness?
10- Vaughan
11- Cordner - Very Lucky he's the captain
12 - Friz
13 - Trbojevic
14 - Debelin
15 - RCG
16 - James
17 - Graham??

I think you persist with Peats for another series. He needs to back himself a bit more in a returning series and make some effective darts from acting half. It seemed as though the word to him last series was to just distribute carries to forwards and feed the ball to pearce and maloney on attacking plays so they got early ball to do something. the ruck defence needs to be put on notice - a bit like american footy using the run to set up the pass or vice versa. when the defence knows you're going to pass the ball out of the ruck every time, it's easier to defend the play.

DeBellin and Vaughan are displaying good form for for another successive season. They have to be in the frame for selection and likely to be there for a few series. I think Graham is going to get a gig for his ability, but his discipline is worry. Jackson will get selected. They all love him. I think Fittler will err on side of caution on debuting too many new players.

RufusRex

Post Whore
8- Klemmer
9- McInness?
10- Vaughan
11- Cordner - Very Lucky he's the captain
12 - Friz
13 - Trbojevic
14 - Debelin
15 - RCG
16 - James
17 - Graham??

I agree with the bulk of this ... Not sold on hookers though and Graham seems a little redundant .... I like Peachey as a util player as he can cover pretty much any position in a team.

Jack > Jake too so swap em around.

Any non Merge fans actually rate Bellend better than Jake? Its laughable and I say that as a former Bears fan who hates Manly

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m a big fan of the manly combo of

1. Tom Trbojevic
9. Api Koroisau
13. Jake Trbojevic

Would also be nice to throw DCE in there but the merkin is a QLDER. With a better forward pack I think they could lay on the points. So sick of seeing Jennings, Ferguson every year. Is a Green/Maloney combo too weird?

big hit!

Bench
FB - Tedesco

RW - Turbo
RC - ??? probably Dugan
RH - Moylan
RF - Frizell

LF - Cordner
LH - Maloney
LC - ???
LW - Mansour

AH - Peats
PF - Klemmer
PF - Vaughan
MF - Jake T

IC - Peachy
IC - RCG
IC - ???
IC - DeBellin

The Friz

Juniors
The mail on Fox last night, and I agree 100%, was that Tedesco will not make it and Tom will be fullback.
Fittler and Alexander apparently think Tom brings a lot more to the table with the football and would be wasted on the wing. I am in the same mindset.
No Tedesco for me.

gUt

Coach
T Trbojevic
Cotric
Dugan
Roberts
Addo-Carr
Maloney
Cleary (Pearce)
Klemmer
Korisau
Vaughan
Cordner
Frizzel
J Trbojevic

James
RCG
Graham
Peachey

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
T Trbojevic
Cotric
Dugan
Roberts
Addo-Carr
Maloney
Cleary (Pearce)
Klemmer
Korisau
Vaughan
Cordner
Frizzel
J Trbojevic

James
RCG
Graham
Peachey

Now that is a team I can work with. I reckon JDB in for Klemmer and Curtis Scott in for Roberts.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Dropping Klemmer?

I’ve never been a fan of Klemmer. I don’t see why Aaron Woods and Fifita cop it when Klemmer has been just as useless. He had that 1 great game where he pissed off all the QLD players but apart from that he’s done nothing to justify keeping his spot. Jack De Belin, RCG, Vaughan and even Merrin are playing in winning teams and are a big part of that. I’d maybe pick Klemmer as a bench player over James.

I’ve never been a fan of Klemmer. I don’t see why Aaron Woods and Fifita cop it when Klemmer has been just as useless. He had that 1 great game where he pissed off all the QLD players but apart from that he’s done nothing to justify keeping his spot. Jack De Belin, RCG, Vaughan and even Merrin are playing in winning teams and are a big part of that. I’d maybe pick Klemmer as a bench player over James.
Do the world a favour and throw your computer out the window.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
For these early days.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour/Trjobevic
3. Mitchell
4. Bird
5. Ferguson (he drives me batshit crazy most years but gee he has been unbelievably good for us this year. Running hard, straight, and with aggression. Would not surprise if he is topping metres and, most importantly, post-contact metres in the comp).

6. Moylan
7. Cleary (Maloney)

8. Woods
9. Koroisau
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Klemmer
15. RCG
16. Graham

Either:
17. JDB/Crichton/Jackson/Finucane/Merrin

or

17. Brailey/McInnes/Peats/Peachey

King hit

Coach
If Cleary isn't ready for Game 1 I feel that Keary would have to be in contention. Has been playing beautifully in the Roosters halves (much better than Cronk) and his partnership with Tedesco and Cordner would be another advantage. A Keary/Maloney halves paring could be deadly to play against.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
If Cleary isn't ready for Game 1 I feel that Keary would have to be in contention. Has been playing beautifully in the Roosters halves (much better than Cronk) and his partnership with Tedesco and Cordner would be another advantage. A Keary/Maloney halves paring could be deadly to play against.
My issue with Keary is that he hasn't shown that often that he can get teams out of trouble when we are beaten in the forwards, which has happened so often for us in recent years. I love him as a player - one of my favourite signings over the past few years - but I just want to see him come up with those big plays when we're hard up against it. My other issue is I just wonder whether a well-drilled QLD side will read that sweeping backline play he is famous for.