What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW to win Origin

hardbaby

Coach
I am officially predicting a Blues victory. Super aggressive forward pack with known hot heads - Ennis, Gallen, Bird, Scott. I think the selection of Bird over Creagh and Ennis over Farah indicates the style they will play. Really fast backs with noted try scorers. Soward's selection gives them the best kicking game in the business.

The reality is the Maroons have had a team full of champions. Possibly the best QLD team in history. The Blues lost because they weren't good enough to win. This year they can. Inglis, Hodges, Folau...gone. Nielsen, Tonga, Yow Yeh...not in the same league. Shillington will also be missing. He was the best prop in the 4 nations.

Never knock a champion (or champions) but I think this might be the year. The key is to win the wrestle but with that prop rotation, the hooker rotation and Creagh running amuck at the end of each half, the Blues will be relentless. They need to win it there. Then the QLD backs just don't look that scary any more.

Thoughts?

Breathingfire

Juniors
QLD could have Scrooge Mcduck and Ronald f**king McDonald playing in the centres and be hard to beat. Thurston and Locky in the halfs. Boyd on the wing, Slater at fullback, Smith at hooker, Scott packing in the front row. Thats an impressive side even without Israel, Inglis and Hodges. I hope you are right but it will be a mammoth task.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Inglis is the big one. If it werent for him I doubt QLD would have 5 straight. Take away those games where he dominated Turner and co. Makes it so bitter that he should be in Sky Blue too.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We'll definitely be better than we were last year.

This series will have a decider in Game 3. NSW can win it.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think we have a great chance,this team is mostly picked on form as well as players being chosen in their right positions.Inglis(especially)& Hodges are massive losses,Petero is looking very slow & tired as well.Our defence will be more than happy to be marking up on Tonga&Nielsen.I can also see Gaz,Jennings&Soward finding some room out wide,they must take their chances when they arrive.Look for Soward to put a few short kicks in behind the line or goes himself if the defence rushes up on himGaz,Uate or Creahg for 1st tryscorer.

Monk

Referee
Queensland have kept the core group of legends which made them the best. So long as they keep that core group together, it's quite silly to think we have their number when we are chopping and changing players at those core positions every game.

Godz Illa

Coach
Queensland's "core group of legends" is nice, but NSW have gone one better by selecting a core group of Dragons legends. Though I'm shocked Jason King was named ahead of Jon Green.

Ps who the f**k is Monk

TheRev

Coach
Queensland's "core group of legends" is nice, but NSW have gone one better by selecting a core group of Dragons legends.

I dont agree with this, the QLD Core Grp is in all the key positions, and their dragons influence is extremely limited, only Soward to Gasnier is a combination we would have, not without Hornby, Cooper, Boyd..

NSW go in as massive underdogs, but I think we will win anyway, I think were due, but there is never much in it, even last year it could have went the other way.

p.s. I felt like Inglis was a liability anyway for QLD, on his day a genius, but his ability to go quiet for long periods and just be lazy in general.. but no Hodges is the big loss for them, but Slater, JT, Lockyer & Smith are lethal.

big pat

Coach
Queensland's "core group of legends" is nice, but NSW have gone one better by selecting a core group of Dragons legends. Though I'm shocked Jason King was named ahead of Jon Green.

Ps who the f**k is Monk
monk is the defective detective.

Stagger Lee

Bench
NSW to win .... but the bad news is we will have to suffer Ricky Stuart being called a super coach for the rest of our lives .... is it worth it?

(yes, just)

if gaz pulls out and idris takes his place we will get hammered and all the tries will be over, around and straight through him then we have to hear "dragons suck soward is speed hump you lost us the SoO lulz" forever