What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

magpie4ever

First Grade
Hard one to predict but the following young men have to be in the selectors' sights given they were named in the Australian schoolboys U15s merit team in 2011:

Sione Matautia
Godfred Agyemang
Robert Jennings
Tevita Pangai
Jackson Hastings
Tory Brunning
Ali Allouche
Tyrell Fuimaono
Luciano Leilua

stumpyone

Juniors
Can't judge it by that everyone knows that CHS selections are more political than the Labor Party. The majority of the selectors have limited idea and their own agenda.

CHS? They don't pick the U16s state team. Is there even a NSW U18s? There used to be U19s but I think that's now 20s.

Either way you can bet there will only be one token CRL Player in the 16s even though there is no way that 16 of the best 17 U16s in the state are playing Harry Mats.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is 18's too.

Robert Jennings is a certainty for one Centre spot in the 16's. 3 or 4 of his Penrith team mates may join him in the side if they continue their early season form.

magpie4ever

First Grade
CHS? They don't pick the U16s state team. Is there even a NSW U18s? There used to be U19s but I think that's now 20s.

Either way you can bet there will only be one token CRL Player in the 16s even though there is no way that 16 of the best 17 U16s in the state are playing Harry Mats.

To be honest it would be a hard side to pick with selectors having their own agendas as mentioned by Stumpyone and country players who are not being sighted in the Harold Matt games not getting a look in.

I just put forward the 9 boys listed in last years U15s Australian merit team as being in the selectors' minds; you believe they might have the inside running.

Fair or not???? Probably not for me to say.

magpie4ever

First Grade
There is 18's too.

Robert Jennings is a certainty for one Centre spot in the 16's. 3 or 4 of his Penrith team mates may join him in the side if they continue their early season form.

It would be hard for anyone to argue against Robert's selection. It would be a shocker if he was not selected on current and past form.

Tucantango

Juniors
From what i heard he almost made it last year a year young.

PD,

He wasn't there last year as there were two more centres in front of him (one of them being Milne). I do know that he made the NSWCCC U/15 team though. God willing he should be there this year!

Regards,
Tuc

Last edited:

Tucantango

Juniors
Hard one to predict but the following young men have to be in the selectors' sights given they were named in the Australian schoolboys U15s merit team in 2011:

Sione Matautia
Godfred Agyemang
Robert Jennings
Tevita Pangai
Jackson Hastings
Tory Brunning
Ali Allouche
Tyrell Fuimaono
Luciano Leilua

f**k me M4E I believe you might be on to something! However selectors, like last year, will give the side some political balance and some deserving kid(s) will unfortunately miss out!

Regards,
Tuc

Tucantango

Juniors
Re: SG Ball

For certain Salesi Funaki has to be in the equation this year for the U/18's. He was unlucky last year but his form to date has been sublime!

Another two would have to be Cartwright and Lavaka from Penrith!

Regards,
Tuc

drago brelli

Bench
PD,

He wasn't there last year as there were two more centres in front of him (one of them being Milne). I do know that he made the NSWCCC U/15 team though. God willing he should be there this year!

Regards,
Tuc
God willing. What! Does God follow the HMatts Comp?

junior fan

Juniors
PD,

Regards,
Tuc

From memory Jennings didn't even play in the possible v probable match so couldn't be that close. Pangai did play in the pvp game and was quite good so should be a walk in. This game is where the country kids can show their credentials. Euan Aitken was a stand out in the pvp game and went on to be players player in SOO game. Very tough for any one team to dominate selections with the selection process.

magpie4ever

First Grade
f**k me M4E I believe you might be on to something! However selectors, like last year, will give the side some political balance and some deserving kid(s) will unfortunately miss out!

Regards,
Tuc

M8, I had to commence the conversation so you could get the names of players you have under contract into the mix. LMAO:roll:

ballbag

Juniors
From memory Jennings didn't even play in the possible v probable match so couldn't be that close. Pangai did play in the pvp game and was quite good so should be a walk in. This game is where the country kids can show their credentials. Euan Aitken was a stand out in the pvp game and went on to be players player in SOO game. Very tough for any one team to dominate selections with the selection process.
A kid called Jade Antcliffe played all over Euan Aitken in the CRL U16s Northern V Southern trial last year at Wyong. He trialled with the Knights over the off season but has since made the Hunter Academy squad over this off season and is currnently training with the Newcastle Rebels U18s for the Country Champs

bboowwyy

Juniors
Matt Dufty, dragons half, has been the HM player that has stood out most to me over the 10 teams i've watched.

girvie

Staff member
Under 18s possible side

1. Clinton Gutherson - Manly
2. Alex Johnston - Souths
3. Tyrone Phillips - Souths
4. Alan Nuilesa - Canterbury
5. Richard Kennar - Melbourne
6. Mitchell Moses - Balmain
7. Robbie Kamoto - Parra
8. Jake Trbojevic - Manly
9. Fabian Natoli - Manly
10. Frazer Masinamua - Parra
11. Euan Aitken - Illawarra
12. Kelepi Tanginoa - Parra
13. Bryce Cartwright - Penrith

14. Chad McGill - Parra
15. Salesi Funaki - Balmain
16. Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
17. Luke Vella - Canterbury

girvie

Staff member
Under-16s possibles

1. Jye Dunning - Illawarra
2. Godfred Agyemang - Canterbury
3. Robert Jennings - Penrith
4. Sione Mata'utia - Newcastle
5. Jerome Mata-Leifi - Parramatta
6. Paul Momirovski - Souths
7. Matthew Dufty - St George
8. Jacob Saifiti - Central Coast
9. Ben Fraser - Roosters
10. Oliver Clark - Penrith
11. Tevita Pangai - Newcastle
12. Hame Sele - St George
13. Darcy Cox - Manly

14. Jacob Host - St George
15. Solomon Pope - North Sydney
16. Junior Tatola - Balmain
17. Jackson Hastings - Illawarra

KAB

Juniors

Sione Matautia
Godfred Agyemang
Robert Jennings
Tevita Pangai
Jackson Hastings
Tory Brunning
Ali Allouche
Tyrell Fuimaono
Luciano Leilua

From the games that I have seen after 4 rounds. Matautia (New) definite. Jenning Definate. Godfred - After yesterdays display and others I have see of him, he has alot of mistakes in him. Tevita yep I dont know about Ali Allouche, His opposite yesterday was outstanding and has been very contistant and is just talented and derserving - Jacob Liddles. Dufty exciting half from dragons very quick. The Safiti twins from the Coast. But as others have aluded to CRL players will be a token a player.
Time will tell.

Latest posts