What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2010

tz17

Juniors
SG Ball

Roosters v Cronulla - 10.30am..winner is Roosters .. ........Roosters V Wests next week

Harold Matthews

Manly v Newcastle - Newcastle winners

Illawarra Steelers v Souths - Illawarra winners 27-26 in golden point after trailing 26-12 mid way through 2nd half.

Next weeks is:

Parramatta v Newcastle

Penrith v Illawarra

Fin077

Juniors
Seems to be the same clubs every year; Canterbury, Parramatta, Penrith, Newcastle or the Roosters. Bit of a nice change to see the Magpies there this year too.

Fin077

Juniors
What a weird SG Ball competition...

The Dogs and Maggies were the best sides all season....Then some side who couldnt beat a Western Sydney Academy side in Rd.9 comes from 8th to win the comp....Go figure!...lol.

Congrats to them though.

Ghipo

Juniors
What a weird SG Ball competition...

The Dogs and Maggies were the best sides all season....Then some side who couldnt beat a Western Sydney Academy side in Rd.9 comes from 8th to win the comp....Go figure!...lol.

Congrats to them though.

Canterbury and Wests played the SG Ball season in the spirit it is intended as did the other top teams Cronulla and Parramatta.

The Roosters on the other hand have no interest in the good of the game.

In 2009 they didn't even field a team.

This year they finished 8th in the regular season.... but wait then decided to bring down a couple of players from their under 20's team for the SG Ball semis...there's nothing like teaching kids to win at all costs...good work Steve Noyce.

greenfins

Juniors
Canterbury and Wests played the SG Ball season in the spirit it is intended as did the other top teams Cronulla and Parramatta.

The Roosters on the other hand have no interest in the good of the game.

In 2009 they didn't even field a team.

This year they finished 8th in the regular season.... but wait then decided to bring down a couple of players from their under 20's team for the SG Ball semis...there's nothing like teaching kids to win at all costs...good work Steve Noyce.

I agree, their front rower Nick Dorante played all season, including all semi's, good enough to get them into GF, named in team then dropped for Grand Final to make room for U20 eligible players for final.

Hard cold lesson for the young fella, the rorters treat juniors like crap....

footy1

Juniors
Jacob Miller, Nick Dorante, Jared Allen, Asipeli Fine, Adam Brent, Paul Rokolati and Dane Atkinson all trained with the NYC squad in the off-season but once the SG Ball season started, they trained and played with the SG Ball side. Cheyse Blair was dropped from NYC due to another player returning from injury so these players were not exclusively dropped down with the sole purpose of winning the SG Ball premiership.

scruffy

Juniors
Jacob Miller, Nick Dorante, Jared Allen, Asipeli Fine, Adam Brent, Paul Rokolati and Dane Atkinson all trained with the NYC squad in the off-season but once the SG Ball season started, they trained and played with the SG Ball side. Cheyse Blair was dropped from NYC due to another player returning from injury so these players were not exclusively dropped down with the sole purpose of winning the SG Ball premiership.
Exactly correct, all these players played and trained with the 18's ALL SG Ball season. Cheyse started in 20's and was moved down to 18's mid season, when he wasn't playing 18's he didn't play 20's either, can't see a problem with this at all??

blackandwhite

Juniors
Exactly correct, all these players played and trained with the 18's ALL SG Ball season. Cheyse started in 20's and was moved down to 18's mid season, when he wasn't playing 18's he didn't play 20's either, can't see a problem with this at all??

Can't see a problem ? :crazy:

Cheyse Blair played the 1st 6 rounds of Toyota Cup .... Blair was dropped down at semi final time so the Rorters could cheat their way to an SG Ball win..his back in 20's now..what a surprise !!!

Congratulations to Cronulla, Wests, Canterbury and Parramatta management and players for playing the competition in the spirit it was intended.

Roosters go and raid some more Penrith juniors for next year or is it Newtown's turn to play next year.

scruffy

Juniors
Can't see a problem ? :crazy:

Cheyse Blair played the 1st 6 rounds of Toyota Cup .... Blair was dropped down at semi final time so the Rorters could cheat their way to an SG Ball win..his back in 20's now..what a surprise !!!

Congratulations to Cronulla, Wests, Canterbury and Parramatta management and players for playing the competition in the spirit it was intended.

Roosters go and raid some more Penrith juniors for next year or is it Newtown's turn to play next year.
What a bitter and twisted post! Not only do you insult the Roosters lads who played the whole SG Ball season and won fairly, but by inference you also insult your own Wests players by implying that one player beat them. You have set yourself up as some self righteous bastion of fair play and have slaped the faces of twenty five u/18 players, many rejected by other clubs who travelled and trained together three times a week for 5 months. I realise this post won't change your opinion but maybe you'll have a look at your last post and realise how unsporting and insulting it really is.

Fin077

Juniors
I dont see anything wrong with the post, actually, I tend to agree with it.

Wests V Canterbury would have been a ripper GF, instead we had a team that couldnt beat a Western Sydney Academy side in the final round of the season, play a team that played the bottom 7 teams in the competition.

Something needs to be done about the scheduling of the junior reps. Either start a little earlier or reduce the teams so that everyone plays each other once with the home side alternating each year. Parra's draw this season with ridiculous.

footy1

Juniors
I dont see anything wrong with the post, actually, I tend to agree with it.

Wests V Canterbury would have been a ripper GF, instead we had a team that couldnt beat a Western Sydney Academy side in the final round of the season, play a team that played the bottom 7 teams in the competition.

Something needs to be done about the scheduling of the junior reps. Either start a little earlier or reduce the teams so that everyone plays each other once with the home side alternating each year. Parra's draw this season with ridiculous.

The loss to Western Sydney Academy was because we rested some of our best players including Jacob Miller, Asipeli Fine, Cheyse Blair etc. I agree, it would have been a great GF if Wests played Canterbury, but our young guys stepped it up a notch and beat Wests, IMO the best team in the competition this year by far. Cheyse Blair is back up in NYC because the player that returned from injury forcing Blair to SG Ball has been injured, hence why Blair is back in NYC. We have another kid named Boyd Cordner who would have played SG Ball this year as well if he wasn't injured. IMO just because they train with the NYC squad doesn't mean they can't play SG Ball, which is their rightful age group. Chris Taripo from Canterbury played more than a few NYC games last season yet played SG Ball this season.

Fin077

Juniors
The loss to Western Sydney Academy was because we rested some of our best players including Jacob Miller, Asipeli Fine, Cheyse Blair etc. I agree, it would have been a great GF if Wests played Canterbury, but our young guys stepped it up a notch and beat Wests, IMO the best team in the competition this year by far. Cheyse Blair is back up in NYC because the player that returned from injury forcing Blair to SG Ball has been injured, hence why Blair is back in NYC. We have another kid named Boyd Cordner who would have played SG Ball this year as well if he wasn't injured. IMO just because they train with the NYC squad doesn't mean they can't play SG Ball, which is their rightful age group. Chris Taripo from Canterbury played more than a few NYC games last season yet played SG Ball this season.

Fair enough the Roosters may have rested players which would explain the loss, however I dont believe Wests were they best side in the competition...One of the best, but not the best. I thought they played a very boring type of game..Scoot, scoot, scoot, hit up, hit up...Give it to their 5/8 who would bomb. I guess if it works, stick to it though and good luck to them.

I dont believe for a second that Boyd Cordner would have played much SG Ball either. This is a kid that got a first grade trial. Surely they wouldnt put him in an 18's comp when he could play Toyota Cup.

The Dogs could have had Lachlan Burr play SG Ball this year, but have kept him in NYC and he didnt play one game of Ball.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Your a smart man Mr Finn.. anyhow...lets move on..... returning to the scene of the crime tomorrow with the New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges Rugby League State Selection Trials over the next few days at St. Marys.

Wests boys representing MCS: Matt Groat, James Tedesco and Ed Murphy.
Presidents team :Tim Slowman and Billy Kitt.
Southern Country: David Nofoaluma

blackandwhite

Juniors
Fair enough the Roosters may have rested players which would explain the loss, however I dont believe Wests were they best side in the competition...One of the best, but not the best. I thought they played a very boring type of game..Scoot, scoot, scoot, hit up, hit up...Give it to their 5/8 who would bomb. I guess if it works, stick to it though and good luck to them.

The Wests SG Ball game was boring and the kids learn nothing from that...its not just about winning (unless your the Roosters) its about developing these kids for the next step.

Wests played to their strengths which were the forwards...most of the backline will be back next year...lets hope they can be a bit more creative next year...I'm getting sick of the scoot scoot bomb tactics.

footy1

Juniors

I dont believe for a second that Boyd Cordner would have played much SG Ball either. This is a kid that got a first grade trial. Surely they wouldnt put him in an 18's comp when he could play Toyota Cup.

The Dogs could have had Lachlan Burr play SG Ball this year, but have kept him in NYC and he didnt play one game of Ball.

Cheyse Blair played an NRL trial this year in the Foundation Cup against the Tigers. IMO Miller, Blair and Cordner definitely have the talent to start the year in NYC and bypass SG Ball altogether, but we have some very good players in the NYC side who deserve their chance as well hence moving the 3 guys I named back to their rightful age group and then progressing through the grades if their form warrants it. IMO I would have loved to see Lachlan Burr feature in SG Ball. I would like to see players in the SG Ball age bracket play SG Ball first before moving up after that season is done. It's better for their development if you don't rush them through the grades too early. A lot of players who progress quickly through the grades don't end up making it because they use size to dominate the junior levels and once they reach NYC, they are faced with the challenge of having to use their skills, which for some they didn't learn it because they progressed too quickly.

black and white, would you have any team lists for the CCC trials? Or do you know of any more other players in the sides?

blackandwhite

Juniors
2010 NSWCCC Rugby League State Selection Trials
18’s Metropolitan Catholic Schools
Colours: Sky, Black and White
1 Jay Bonnell St Gregory’s College Campbelltown
2 George Jennings Patrician Brothers College Blacktown
3 Ryan Wilson Patrician Brothers College Blacktown
4 John Pepa St Dominic’s College Penrith
5 James Tedasco St Gregory’s College Campbelltown
6 Samisoni Langi Trinity Catholic College Auburn
7 Harry Seijka Patrician Brothers College Blacktown