What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2010

isaiah

Bench
Yeah in ball the Bulldogs seem like they might be close to the mark again but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable!
I follow Raiders ball team and I must say that our blokes were their own worst enemies when we played you in round 1,If you take away the gift try I think the teams were very evenly matched but you blokes had a bit more luck that day.
So in saying that it will be very interesting to see how you go against the Dogs for us to get a guide on how the form stacks up although teams can fly one week and crawl the next.
Anyway best of luck on the weekend and I hope Wests can go 3 from 3

wests over dogs 34-22

roopy

Referee
mats
Knights 30 - 16 Manly (Manly up 16 nil at one stage)

Ball
Knights 34 - 24 Manly (don't know what legendary winger 'Mad Mick' Alchin thinks of his grandson being a prop - probably just happy he hits plenty of people)

girvie

Staff member
I've noticed that the Nswrl website have been doing live updates of scores each weekend, commentary for match of the round, and posting some highlights on youtube.

Great work! I'm really enjoying it.

Souths Matthews Cup team will take some stopping this season.
Saw them on Saturday in the big win over Saints and was mighty impressed. Fullack and captain Tyrone Phillips is a tremendous talent and ended the day with four tries. A solid pack of forwards and clever halves - five eight Dylan Walker reminded me so much of a young John Sutton. Half Lawrence Lucas, secondrower Addin Fonua-Blake, left winger Alex Johnston and hooker Cameron McInnes also caught the eye.
These Rabbits will give the likes of Parra and Penrith (and the mighty Magpies) a run for the title.

www.footypix.org

Rubber Toes

Juniors
I agree. Souths will not be easy to beat in H matts.
Go the maggies. Best start in many years. SGBall is solid and should be near the top at finals time. H matts, I think, will finish in the top 8 but will struggle in finals footy.
The Dogs H matts are the worst Dogs team I have seen in quite a few years. They seem to lack the Dog discipline of previous seasons and lack direction. Very vunerable in the closing stages.

footy1

Juniors
I agree. Souths will not be easy to beat in H matts.
Go the maggies. Best start in many years. SGBall is solid and should be near the top at finals time. H matts, I think, will finish in the top 8 but will struggle in finals footy.
The Dogs H matts are the worst Dogs team I have seen in quite a few years. They seem to lack the Dog discipline of previous seasons and lack direction. Very vunerable in the closing stages.

Tyrone Phillips is going great at the back for the Bunnies, same with Dylan Walker and Patrice Siolo as well. These guys are ones to watch, especially Phillips. The Bulldogs Harold Matthews team has not lived up to the supposable hype about them before the season started. They were run off the park by a great Parramatta side in Round One and have never really recovered from it. They have some great players in their side, but are not coming together as you'd expect.

One player to keep a close eye on is Billy Kitt from the Wests Harold Matts side. He has a good kicking game and has great leadership in directing his side around the park. Will be in with a chance for NSW Under 16 honours.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Rumours Penrith's captain, their best player and 1 of the competitions star players, Bryce Cartwright is out for the year.

richies

Juniors
can

i hear the dogs sg ball playing at the crest saturday ?
can someone tell me if thats correct
seems strange that they dont play the same venue harolds and sg :sarcasm:

Noa

First Grade
Shakrs beat the Storm 30-14 ? in SG Ball

If anyone has seen the Sharks this year do they carry on like massive dickheads in every game.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
After a couple of years out of the game William Beale is back in SG Ball for Penrith.

William went of the rails in 08 after playing consecutive Harold Mats finals with Penrith in 07 and 08.

Now after training strongly with Windsor's Bundy Rum Cup team he has been drafted back into SG Ball. Great to have such a talent back in the game after it appeared he was gone for good.

BOMAR

Juniors
Well lets all break out the champagne, another player back in the game who had chance after chance and was well looked after. No wonder we have so many guys give football a bad name. Obviously most players are given the wrong advice, cause obviously if your good enough you can do what you like. Cause there are heaps of people out there that only care about winning. Rumour has it he was only bought back last week and already in the side. This has to be a kick in the teeth for all the boys that have been busting themselves and staying out of trouble since last Nov.

Fin077

Juniors
I think that William Beale kid was meant to play with the Dogs SG Ball side this season, but went walkabout.

Anyway....in tonights games I'm told Newcastle SG Ball beat Canberra.

Got to see Cronulla beat the Dogs 18-16, but both sides plus the officials were all as bad as each other....Not a pretty game, the Sharks got the points though and I now understand what Noa means a few posts up in #111....lol.

BOMAR

Juniors
I think that William Beale kid was meant to play with the Dogs SG Ball side this season, but went walkabout.

Yes that is him. After stuffing around at penrith, Mullholland got him over to the dogs. Now back at penrith.

tz17

Juniors
Players to watch out for in Harold Matthews IMO are:

Jake Lawrence - Newcastle Knights
Alan Nuilesa - Canterbury Bulldogs
Frazer Masimanua - Parramatta Eels
Kalausa Leha - Parramatta Eels
Jim Stewart - Manly Sea Eagles
Bryce Cartwright - Penrith Panthers
Clinton Gutherson - Manly Sea Eagles
Jakiel Fuimaono - Penrith Panthers
Robbie Kamoto - Parramatta Eels
Uafu Lavaka - Canterbury Bulldogs
Brent Anderson - St George Dragons
Shannon Crook - Illawarra Steelers
Gus Jasmin - Canterbury Bulldogs

I expect Canterbury, Penrith and Parramatta to prove a handful in both grades.

Hahaa your kidding right, no disrepect but he's neaqrly been the steelers worst player. 2 to look out for are Jack Bird and Deejay Harris

isaiah

Bench
with melbourne playing 4 of their 18's in the nyc, if they make the final, can those 4 slot back in to stack the side?

girvie

Staff member
with melbourne playing 4 of their 18's in the nyc, if they make the final, can those 4 slot back in to stack the side?

I think they'd need to play a certain number of SG Ball games to qualify for the finals.

Latest posts