What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL U/18s

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Wednesday, 11 October 2006

MEDIA RELEASE

The NSWRL under-18s enjoyed a 44-0 win against New Zealand’s Northern Alliance (Auckland under-18s) yesterday at Mount Smart Stadium in Auckland.

Parramatta’s Kris Keating and Tony Williams both scored twice for NSWRL, which went into the halftime break 12-0 ahead before overwhelming Northern Alliance in the wet and windy conditions in the second half.

The NSWRL under-18s side is scheduled to play the under-18 Junior Kiwis this Saturday, 14th October, in Auckland.

NSWRL under-18s 44 (K.Keating 2, T.Williams 2, M.Hall, S.Fensom, M.Lewis, H.Nanai, T.Hodkinson 4 goals, L.Miller goal, M.Ryan goal) def Northern Alliance 0

Junior Kiwi's were quite convincing in their win too, should be a good game coming up. Will the curtain raiser on Saturday be shown on TV at any stage?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Illegal Immigrant said:
Junior Kiwi's were quite convincing in their win too, should be a good game coming up. Will the curtain raiser on Saturday be shown on TV at any stage?

unfortunately not...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Illegal Immigrant said:
Dissapointing, will obtain a copy of the game (I assume they provide one to the players) and copy it for any who would like it.

mate...I'll have to keep in touch because I'd love a copy.

The Colonel

Immortal
2006 NSWRL U18 Squad to tour New Zealand Oct.06
Ryan Carr - Cronulla
Scott Dobbins - Newcastle/Lakes United
Sean Fenson - Nambucca Heads
Tim Grant - Penrith
Matthew Hall - Sydney Roosters
Daniel Harrison - Manly
Sam Huihahau - South Sydney
Trent Hodgkinson - Parramatta
Michael Jennings - Penrith
Kris Keating - Parramatta
Martin Lewis - Parramatta
Lucas Miller - Newcastle
Heka Nanai - Bulldogs
Eddie Paea - South Sydney
Callum Richardson - Newcastle
Matt Ryan - Balmain
Nathan Smith - Nambucca Heads
Taulima Tautai - Parramatta
Tony Williams - Parramatta
Coach:- Bill Dowers

Manager:- Peter Ellington

strider

Post Whore
wow - thats pretty impressive - 5 parra boys out of 19!!! ... thats like 5/19ths of the team

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Sorry guys, I didn't get to see a lot of the lower grades this year due to distance of travel. So my question is what style of halfback is Trent Hodkinson and who could we could compare him to, past or present, and what do people think of him as a prospect considering we have T Smith, Finch and Green already at the club in a similar position.

Thanks in advance guys

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Sorry guys, I didn't get to see a lot of the lower grades this year due to distance of travel. So my question is what style of halfback is Trent Hodkinson and who could we could compare him to, past or present, and what do people think of him as a prospect considering we have T Smith, Finch and Green already at the club in a similar position.

Thanks in advance guys

a definite prospect but has a long way to go, he's slightly big for a half back might be a future 6, not the explosive type abut has very neat passing game, sound kicking and very smart between the ears, knows when to run the line and works well with his outside men, if i had to compare him to a half back of yester year I would say he reminds me of John Simon.