What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number 1 No.1.

Neil Baker in '89 had some good games for us. Most notably against his old club Souths. That was a great game from memory as it was a game between the top 2 clubs at the time.

I think the score was 19-8 with McIndoe scoring a double and Baker kicking one of his trademark field goals

Pomoz

Bench
Neil Baker. Strewth. He was terrible under the high ball. I think it was a game against Canberra when Stuart was hitting those spiral bombs and every time the ball went in the air the Panther's fans said the Lord's Prayer. He was a good goal kicker though. If you like that sort of thing and I didn't. He was also much slower than he looked.

"Baker diffuses the bomb, evades the first tackle and gets into a bit of space", said nobody. Ever.
Replacing him was the final piece of the jigsaw as we started to make the semi finals regularly or be competing for them.

Wesser was Inglis/Slater/Boyd all rolled into one compared to Baker.

Pomoz

Bench
Neil Baker in '89 had some good games for us. Most notably against his old club Souths. That was a great game from memory as it was a game between the top 2 clubs at the time.

I think the score was 19-8 with McIndoe scoring a double and Baker kicking one of his trademark field goals
McIndoe, the Emerald Express. Brandy gave him so many great passes he had a couple of seasons when he was close to the top scoring winger in the game. He just wasn't quick over the first 15m, but when he hit top stride, he very rarely got run down. I think our quickest winger over 100m.

panther.mike

Juniors
Mark Levy..... One saturday arvo Mark Levy NAILED Slippery Morris twice in the second half after he had made a break for saints. and he was fast.

soc123_au

Staff member
Rob Robards deserves a mention just for 1 tackle. Cutting down Eric Grothe in full flight was a thing of beauty. Not sure of the year, probably 84 or 85.

age.s

First Grade
Jarrod "Justify Your Existance" Sammut

We had such high hopes for him :(

Still remember him getting 1 on 1 stripped in the in goal. I think it was against Parra. The wall needed repairs after that effort.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
How is this for a blast from the past and an usual stat.

In 1995 we had 2 fullbacks that mostly shared the number 1 jersey throughout the year.
Future back rowers Matt Adamson & Morvin Edwards.

Kilkenny

Coach
That 2004 semi v Dogs.....was it Wessar who got binned for 10? In his last year,he play so badly,you would of swabbed him.

He got sin binned in the first set of six in the second half. We were leading at HT but Bulldogs scored a couple of converted tries while he was off the field and it was game over. That one incident turned the game and it could have all been so different.

Latest posts