What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutley

DJDL

First Grade
So after all the bleating about the club letting him go during the offseason, does anyone miss him?

Or is it Danny who?

Macca

Coach
I don't think we have missed him.

Having said that, who would you prefer Hutch or Nuts? Nuts for sure.

emetic

Juniors
we haven't missed him because others have stepped up and we signed thommo, but it would have been nice to keep him, and would've added depth.

dannyboy

Juniors
The Sharks have gotten on okay without him but not because of his absence. He'd still be one of the first picked and would still be welcome

mr_sharks

Juniors
Danny Nutley was certainly no Danny Lee.
That being said Nuts was still a great player, with lots of passion. I'll never forget the match against Canberra when he caught out Lincoln Withers being a pussy bitch.

Inferno

Coach
I miss him, was the only one to have a go last year in games where the chips were down and it looked like everyone else gave up.

I won't forget his efforts for the Sharkies, definately the most passionate guy on the field 95% of the time.

Probably would have made Origin this year as well!

Alan Shore

First Grade
Nutley played Origin and was consistently our best and hardest working player every week, yet morons like Pogo will probably tell you Simmons is a better player than him.

pogo

Juniors
nutley aka the human penaly/flop machine played 20 mins or so of origin when qld were devoid of decent props through injury.

100% trier , a pygmie back rower , best suited from the bench!

i dont know how we have survived without him:roll:

Jimbo

Immortal
Thompson has filled the huge void which Nutley left, but it has taken career-best form to do it

Nutley was an absolute machine, and yes, I do miss him

Imagine this:

8. Douglas
9. Kingston
10. Nutley
11. Bird
12. Thompson
13. Gallen

With the likes of Stosic, Williams and Hilder on the bench

:shock:

carcharias

Immortal
...and isn't Galloway going great guns these days.

Nuts and Thommo give away stupid penalties.

However...
I think Thommo has filled the void very nicely .

THe buy of the year...in fact player of the year!

bugger it...
person of the year!!!

beekershark

Bench
To say we're not missing him is pretty silly for mine.

We are playing a 19 year old rookie as starting prop alongside another varitable rookie in Stosic who is only a few first grade games out of a newton jumper. Our bench prop is hutch who is an interchange prop thru and thru and not really a starter. That is where our current first grade stocks are filled at the moment. we have Villa and selmes who are capable if needed, but are the bookends for a reserve grade side getting touched up often.

we may not be missing nuts now, but that is presuming we don't have any injury to our very thin prop forward ranks at the moment. To have nuts wouold be a huge asset right now, use him as a starter and let Douglas or stosic come off the bench in a few games.

AS good as dougie is going now, props are given time for a reason. There is every chance in the next 3 years that we have signed dougie for that his form will drop off at some stage....that happens to most players, young one especially. I fear that throwing him in so hard and fast this early may expediate any second year syndrome for Luke, or also bring on the chance of niggling injury due to his still building frame.

Even with Ross fit we were a starting prop short this year, now we are two short and Nuts would be a godsend.

pogo

Juniors
absolute drivel!

the bloke was an over rated MYTH

not missed one iota as the reults clearly indicate.

Special K

Coach
Nuts would have kept Douglas in PL. No way Dougals woulda got a round 2 jersey over Hutch if Nutley was still around.

I miss Nuts but Lance has taken it to a new level.

Macca

Coach
Not if he is being covered for. Are you saying Thommo, Bird and Williams haven't made up for his work rate?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nutts is very much missed. Players like that are integral to the club.
Him leaving has made other players come forward but he still stil lleaves a big space.

Bigger than the space between bongos ears. Huge!

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
I think as a club we have moved on well enough without him but for me on a personal level I miss the guy. He played with passion; you never had any doubts about his attitute with regard to loyalty and effort, so yeah I miss him, but hey, we seem to be travelling ok right now dont we?

Macca

Coach
Answer these questions.

Are we going better this year without him?

If we still had him would we be going better still?

I reckon it's yes to both.

Latest posts