What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutley

zuke

Juniors
Sunday's herald claims that Danny Nutley is looking for a release from his contract in the English Super League. Would he be a good signing for the eels?

Gronk

Staff member
He's 32 apparantly. He would have heard that NRL clubs are paying overs for 2007 so why not look for some local $$$.

We don't need him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Would be a good signing for the right money, he always ran hard and made metres, and we are a bit thin on props. But I wouldn't pay overs for him...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
is he 32 really?? omg i didn't know that

i wouldn't mind him actually, we are short on quality props and injuries could hit us pretty badly

Perrymatta

Juniors
We don't have much up front, i think he would be a good signing but nothing more than a two year deal, maybe even a 1 year deal with an option in our favour if he is looking to wind down his career.

fish eel

Immortal
Hages seems to have gotten decent service out of Craig Smith.

I wouldnt mind Nutley on a cheap, one year deal.

mickdo

Coach
Perrymatta said:
Somehow i don't think Nutley is going to come especially cheap :lol:
He might if he picked up a motza over there and is just looking to be put out to pasture somewhere back home...

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Would be a very good signing at the right money. Was extremely underrated at Cronulla.

That article in yesterdays paper also said Nutley was a chance of winning the Man of Steel. He must be playing well over there

Phillips

Referee
one of my favourite players, i wish we had signed him last time he was off contract at the sharks

scottyeel

Bench
I would like to see him here for a couple of years. He always played so tough and hard for the size of him.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Nutley extended his Castleford contract a few weeks ago, he's absolutely killing it over there so I highly doubt he will be leaving

Parraren

Bench
There were pretty strong rumours floating around that Nutley & Jason Smith were signing with the Roosters, so we'll see I guess.

stuke

Bench
lol...i thought the idea of the Sharks letting him go early was so he could makie some big $$$ before he retires. they would be filthy if he comes back after 1 season in ESL and signs for a different NRL club.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
stuke said:
lol...i thought the idea of the Sharks letting him go early was so he could makie some big $$$ before he retires. they would be filthy if he comes back after 1 season in ESL and signs for a different NRL club.

That was the late Steve Rogers who granted that release, wasn't it. Apparently there were a couple of players (like Michael Sullivan and Nutley) who would walk into his office asking for a release and Sludge would grant the release over a handshake.That was the old way of doing deals and it always seemed to work on trust and honesty.

Sorry just getting sentimental about the old days and how there are not many people like Sludge left.

eel4life

Juniors
He would give you the best 30 - 40 minutes coming off the bench running hard and straight something we def need.

But not paying overs is the thing, he has a great mentality aswell.

I am pretty sure He played under Hagan in he origin series when he made his debut at 30.

bartman

Immortal
Nutley has been Castleford's main go forward man. There are rumours over here that he is looking to come home somewhere. Personally I don't think we'd be able/willing to spare the money that he'd want.

Latest posts