What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC graduates

The Smokey

Juniors
I know that NYC game against Canberra was our best performance this year but i have a good feeling about some of the players coming through.
Out of the current team who do you think will get a first grade squad next year?

Ive been impressed with Mitchell Garbutt great offload and Big Boy!!

Ben Wyborn of course its a younger version of Matt Hilder.

Byron Fruean alot like Junior Sau and can play Centre, Hooker, Second-Row and Lock.

Ryan Stig reminds me of Mullen good kicking game and the right size for a 5/8th as well.

Peter Mata'utia still will have another year in NYC but should be in first grade squad next year.

Kevin Naiquama is one that will be alot like Aku Uate very fast and skillful but needs to work on his hands and defence.

I think all of these guys will get a contract next year and be in the first grade squad.

And how impressive was Tyrone Roberts that guys got a future!!

Liam

Juniors
Maybe not next year but I think Ailomai, Tetevano, Mata'utia, Wyborn and Williams will all get a shot at first grade eventually.

perverse

Referee
i don't think i've ever seen a worse pair of hands than kev naiquama. i've seen games this year where he's dropped the pill 5 or 6 times... and he only had to catch it and run to be in the clear too. tragic.

aqua_duck

Coach
I like the look of Garbutt, all the fundamentals are there just needs abit of fine tuning because he's a monster, about Ben Cross size at 20

roopy

Referee
A guy who showed a lot of promise but seems to have gone off the boil is Jono Ford.
He started this season at 5/8 and really surprized with the ballplaying skills he had developed, and last season he off loaded better than any of our forwards and could step and power his way over for a try from 10 out. In short, he has showed glimpses of all sorts of skills, as well as being a potentially massive guy once he fills out.
But since coming back from injury he hasn't shown a thing really.

Big Tim

First Grade
I would love to see Ford fill out some...... He has the makings to be an Abraham style backrower if his body catches up.

roopy

Referee
Our team for next season is starting to look very strong;

Justin Smith
Kieran English
Harmony Hunt
Pete Mata'utia
Nick Dwan
Tyler Sullivan
Tyrone Roberts
Jake Finn
Chris Marlbourough
Josh Ailomai
Zane Tetavano
Ethan Cook
Chad Redman

Ben Tupou
Dale Clacherty
Matt Dunn
Rodney Mason

All rep players or guys with big raps on them.

aqua_duck

Coach
Our team for next season is starting to look very strong;

Justin Smith
Kieran English
Harmony Hunt
Pete Mata'utia
Nick Dwan
Tyler Sullivan
Tyrone Roberts
Jake Finn
Chris Marlbourough
Josh Ailomai
Zane Tetavano
Ethan Cook
Chad Redman

Ben Tupou
Dale Clacherty
Matt Dunn
Rodney Mason

All rep players or guys with big raps on them.
Would J papamau be ready to go next year?

Over weight.

Not putting in at training.

Personal off field problems.

That's a real shame to hear. Jeremy is a young bloke that I've got a hell of a lot of time for... a real good kid that has had a few rough things to deal with in his life.

Hopefully he can re-focus over the off season and play to his (massive) potential next year, because if he can't it might all be too late in today's youth-obsessed game.