What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC grievances

ozbash

Referee
The game is played like the local footy down at the park,

no its not.

The next step up is NRL. These guys are young professionals heading for the big time.
They play in an intense comp, they have huge demands placed on them, why not expect the same sort of commitment from the officials/administrators ?

park footy, lol...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There'll only be one "park footy" Toyota Cup game this year and it'll be Bulldogs/Eels in R24. All others are played immediately before NRL matches.

Chapsta

Juniors
no its not.

The next step up is NRL. These guys are young professionals heading for the big time.
They play in an intense comp, they have huge demands placed on them, why not expect the same sort of commitment from the officials/administrators ?

park footy, lol...

I mean the refereeing is less policed than NRL levels, and with the referees in NRL today, that can only be a good thing for the NYC.

hitman82

Bench
I love the lack of video referees in NYC. One thing it does, is force aspiring (and possibly future NRL) officials to make calls on their own judgement, not rely on captain replay to make the tough decisions. They wear the guilt for their f*ck ups and hopefully learn from them.
Added responsibility is something our First Grade referees could certainly do with.

And aside from that I really enjoy the lack of pissing about looking at freeze-frames for minute indiscretions.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Even the normally super biased NZ commentators say that there was nothing wrong with the grounding.

That was Stephen McIvor. He doesn't commentate Warriors games, only under-20s, so you've probably never even heard him commentate before.

Clear knock on, the ball bounced about 3 metres in the air, lmao

Dogaholic

First Grade
That was Stephen McIvor. He doesn't commentate Warriors games, only under-20s, so you've probably never even heard him commentate before.

Clear knock on, the ball bounced about 3 metres in the air, lmao

Go see OPSM and get your eyes checked.

We can go on all day about this I guess. Can we get an independent non biased ruling on the following video...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3zSBqTaJo

Is it a knock on or not? Pumba perhaps?

Pumba

First Grade
Go see OPSM and get your eyes checked.

We can go on all day about this I guess. Can we get an independent non biased ruling on the following video...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3zSBqTaJo

Is it a knock on or not? Pumba perhaps?

I took a look at both them and IMHO they were both fair trys. If I was in the box I would have awarded them.

Pictures tell a thousand words as they say.

try1.jpg

TRY!

try2.jpg

TRY!

mxlegend99

Referee
The first is definitely a try.
The second IMO was a knock-on... although i can see reasoning for BOTD.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Saint's Hudson is my only major grievance. The blokes an a grade grub and makes Gallen look like an alter boy. The prick is constantly hitting blokes high, engaging the niggle in the tackle, he doesnt like being hit hard and legal either. He's a merkin.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Saint's Hudson is my only major grievance. The blokes an a grade grub and makes Gallen look like an alter boy. The prick is constantly hitting blokes high, engaging the niggle in the tackle, he doesnt like being hit hard and legal either. He's a merkin.

:lol:

He made one swinging arm in a tackle against your club three weeks ago and your knickers are still in a twist about it.

He hasn't played a game since :lol:

Latest posts