What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC grievances

Mal Meninga

Bench
Brophy came back and played but then went off later after another knock

Throws are more serious and Smith took the rap for Thompson Both should have been suspended

Thompson hit Hudson high helped lift in the tackle and then put in an elbow in All in the same tackle

I dont think any of the aggression in that game happens if Thompson doesnt start it there in that tackle and he keeps doing it because he is not sent off nor is he suspended sufficiently

The referee lost complete control of that game which led to the violent swings in possession
Are you sure he came back?

Either way I don't think that's much of a justification. Hudson had plenty of infrigements throughout the game, and FFS a stiff arm is just as bad as a throw.

ozbash

Referee
Dogaholic & ozbash cut it out.

cut what out ?

the guy says kev locke stepped out, the touchie said he didnt, i said he was a whinger, he said he wasnt.

is there a separate set of rules for u/20's regarding discussion/banter between 2 opposing teams that we havnt been told about ?

its a forum, not a f**king glee club. :roll:

let the discussion flow mate..

Wicks

Juniors
Are you sure he came back?

Either way I don't think that's much of a justification. Hudson had plenty of infrigements throughout the game, and FFS a stiff arm is just as bad as a throw.

Yes You dont remember how they first just stuffed his nose and then he talked to the trainer about getting more and came back with the Hannibal Lecter look which he wore again against the Roosters :?

Its not justification It all came on the back of the referee not dealing with the first incident In the end the referee decided to get rid of the mess he made by sin binning Hudson

Hudsons wasnt an intentional tackle based on what happened beforehand His frustration led to aggressive and poor technique He had nothing against Brophy Highly reckless I would say

Not sure what classification they got at the judiciary but you can look at the points table to see that a Dangerous Throw 1 is the same as a Careless High Tackle 2 and when you get to Dangerous Throw 2 that carries more points than a Reckless High Tackle 1

I dont think the referee even knew why Hudson was annoyed It wasnt just the throw He missed it just like the commentators

How did the judiciary miss three involvements from Thompson and it looks like Thompson is available again this week after two serious high tackles

It might work out well this weekend Some dirty play from Thompson on Darby and he will be sent off and get weeks and weeks :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
cut what out ?

the guy says kev locke stepped out, the touchie said he didnt, i said he was a whinger, he said he wasnt.

is there a separate set of rules for u/20's regarding discussion/banter between 2 opposing teams that we havnt been told about ?

I think he is trying to tell YOU to stop being a douche bag.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't have a problem if he misses Locke going out and the player scoring the ensuing try being bundled over the corner post, but how f*cking dare he not allow us the same try in the corner one minute later? Inconsistency is plagueing the refereeing ranks at all levels - it's become a joke.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The linesman at the Dogs Vs Warriors game gave the Warriors a victory. Worst call I have ever seen. Kevin Locke stepped out 3 times and it was not called.

Linesman in Warriors/Dogs earlier in the year gave the Dogs the point for the draw. Grounding the ball on the touch in-goal line isn't a try.

It could go on forever.

Deetroy72

Juniors
My grievance is that Roosters NYC coach Adrian Lam gets relieved of his coaching duties 6 rounds too late and they cover it up by making him technical coach or whatever

He didnt have the respect of the young men he was coaching and the results showed, lets not say injuries played apart as all NYC teams have had injuries and called upon SG ball players for cover

PS. Referee Matt Cheecha? (apologies is not correct spelling) gets promoted to FG when he cant referee NYC? maybe his expulsion to lower grades had been served??

skeepe

Immortal
Yes You dont remember how they first just stuffed his nose and then he talked to the trainer about getting more and came back with the Hannibal Lecter look which he wore again against the Roosters :?

Yes, you're right. What a brave performance from Brophy after such a cowardly act by an out and out thug.

Its not justification It all came on the back of the referee not dealing with the first incident In the end the referee decided to get rid of the mess he made by sin binning Hudson

So you're saying that Hudson had license to break as many blokes noses with nasty stiff arms as he likes because he was on the end of a bad tackle? You f**kwit. Yes the tackle was bad and yes I was surprised Thompson wasn't suspended for it.

Hudsons wasnt an intentional tackle based on what happened beforehand His frustration led to aggressive and poor technique He had nothing against Brophy Highly reckless I would say

Deliberate act from a bloke who is starting out his career as a total and utter grubby, thuggish merkin. Should have been sent and given 8 weeks for a deliberate high tackle. There was obvious intent.

Not sure what classification they got at the judiciary but you can look at the points table to see that a Dangerous Throw 1 is the same as a Careless High Tackle 2 and when you get to Dangerous Throw 2 that carries more points than a Reckless High Tackle 1

Don't disagree. The judiciary clearly was extremely lenient with merkinson.

I dont think the referee even knew why Hudson was annoyed It wasnt just the throw He missed it just like the commentators

I have no idea what you're on about here. merkinson had several shots at abusing the referee, and he was rightly binned. Got nothing to do with the other incidents. The fact that merkinson wasn't sent off either in the first half or after another bad high tackle in the second half (that you've conveniently forgotten) speaks volumes.

How did the judiciary miss three involvements from Thompson and it looks like Thompson is available again this week after two serious high tackles

The only thing Thompson was under question for was the dangerous throw. The Javarn White incident was just unlucky, first contact is clearly with the shoulders.

It might work out well this weekend Some dirty play from Thompson on Darby and he will be sent off and get weeks and weeks :lol:

Ryan merkinson is far, far, far more likely to do something dirty. He's dirt personified and your pathetic diatribes show you up to be nothing other than a biased idiot with no idea.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

Skeepe calling someone biased.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hudson's swinging arm was a shocker but f*ck me you go over the top.

ozbash

Referee
The NYC should use the technology they have on hand, ie video ref.

there were instances last weekend when the reffing was a very, very low standard.

it seems very half hearted.

Wicks

Juniors
:lol:

Skeepe calling someone biased.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hudson's swinging arm was a shocker but f*ck me you go over the top.

The referee lost control but as I said it is no justification and it was definitely a shocker

skeepe that is just a mess of bias

I was at the game and saw the replay on tv and the players were reacting with frustration to the poor refereeing

I would be annoyed if I was being called offside for leaving early and holding down when Fensom is given more freedom One week later Fensom is called almost every time

I have seen Brad Hudson play for years and he has some penalties in his game for holding down and offside but I have never seen him involved in any incident like that It was a reckless tackle and no more

Anyone ever said anything about Hudson prior to that week Only about effort and playing above his size and weight

Thompson gets plenty more positive talk and plenty more negative Just take a look around at peoples opinion of him Thompson is in something involved every week He is out of the Melbourne school

Contact with the shoulder or upper bicep which is where the contact was is still a charge There has been a change in the laws

If they missed the Luke Towers incident on video replay they are not doing their job It was an arm across the jaw

Ryan Hudson plays at Huddersfield :p

Timmah

Staff member

there were instances last weekend when the reffing was a very, very low standard.

:|

That was a massive about-face but I'll take it :lol:

Pumba

First Grade

I apologise. I got some advice.

As you said let the discussion flow.

ozbash

Referee
I apologise. I got some advice.

As you said let the discussion flow.

No worries pumba, I get a bit carried away at times so the apology is mutual. (except to that dogiholic :p).

you run a very good forum, dont let a couple of off-topic idiots stuff it up.

cheers. ;-)

Chapsta

Juniors

This is what is great about the NYC. The game is played like the local footy down at the park, refs let a few things slip under the radar, the way it should be...

Latest posts