What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Players to progress to NRL in 2011

s1ng0709

Juniors
jacob loko from the eels and aiden sezer from the bulldogs might have a taste of fg in 2011 if their fg teams put in similar performances as 2010

Noa

First Grade
Tohu Harris is earmarked to be next cab off the rank for a run with the big-boys. Everyone else is a year or two away from being up to it.

boxa777

Coach
Cameron King at hooker and Jake Marketo at backrow should be certainties for some time at Saints.

There's a spot there for Cam King this season with Priddis going. If Young fills in the backrow at some point and Nate Fien needs a spell, Cam King will get his chance.

Looking forward to seeing him get some time. Great kid.

tezzah

Juniors
Tohu Harris is earmarked to be next cab off the rank for a run with the big-boys. Everyone else is a year or two away from being up to it.

I know the big guy is struggling for fitness after having surgery and no doubt if he lives, trains & plays to his full potential will have the ability to play first grade in the forseeable future. I once did believe that Jordan Mclean and Theo Stuart had potential but not after a poor 2010 season.

Centre/Wing Mahe Fonua also had a stellar 2010 season in his first year of Toyota cup. Fingers crossed he steps up another level or two in 2011. Currently training with First grade too and has 2011 and 2012 season to play u20s.

Kenny Bromwich would be my sure pick simply cos of his work rate and playing ability. A young Paul Gallen if anything: aggressive, high work rate for both defence and attack and does the smallest things in league to near perfection. Surprised he was not drafted in to the NRL first grade training group considering his staggering stats and 2010 form? Definitely will need to step up a level or two to put pressure on Storm management who have extended backrower contracts in 2010.

Noa

First Grade
yeah, mahe, tohu and ben hampton are all training with the main group and ben in particular has been very impressive. I know tohu is now down to his playing weight so i expect him to make his debut the 2nd half of the year.

Im not giving up on mclean, huge yards per carry, and ver agile for his size, justs needs to be more consistent.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Shaun Johnson, Elijah Taylor, Glen Fisiiahi, Matthew Robinson and Ivan Penehe are likely to have a crack in the NRL. Although with so many people ahead of them some of them would be replacements.

Looks like after this weekend the first three will all have made their debut, along with Alehana Mara. Taylor is now a regular first grader and Fisiahi likely would've been if he hadn't got injured. Mara will likely see more game time now Heremaia's going to Hull.

Talanexor

Juniors
James Segeyaro and Tariq Sims both made their debuts for the Cowboys this season.

If we have any more injuries to the backline, I reckon Wayne Ulugia is an outside chance at a wing/fullback spot.

Noa

First Grade
Mahe Fonua about to become the first vic born, raised and coached player to play first grade.

footynut1

Juniors
James Segeyaro and Tariq Sims both made their debuts for the Cowboys this season.

If we have any more injuries to the backline, I reckon Wayne Ulugia is an outside chance at a wing/fullback spot.
waynes form has not been good enough this yr.

boxhead

First Grade
I know Brad Murray will definitely get a gig at the Eels first-grade side, probably for the whole year.....I'm guessing the club will also want to trial Jacob Loko and Ken Sio, who both played NYC this year (though Sio started playing NSW Cup towards the end of the year).

Wow.....how wrong was I....well at least Loko is impressing in first grade, and if Sio wasn't injured I think he would have definitely made his debut by now.

Ryan Morgan and Mitchell Allgood are the other two ones I missed.

I think a lot of Eels fans are hoping Marmin Barba gets a chance, maybe at the back-end of the year, but I think he needs to bulk up for a year or two.

aqua_duck

Coach
Wow.....how wrong was I....well at least Loko is impressing in first grade, and if Sio wasn't injured I think he would have definitely made his debut by now.

Ryan Morgan and Mitchell Allgood are the other two ones I missed.

I think a lot of Eels fans are hoping Marmin Barba gets a chance, maybe at the back-end of the year, but I think he needs to bulk up for a year or two.

Where would Barba play? The kid makes Mortimer look like a giant