What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Players to progress to NRL in 2012

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Does anything think there will be players to come in and dominate like Daly Cherry-Evans and Tariq Sims have or will next year be a little lighter on and just have a few games here and there?

RWB

Bench
Josh Ailoami from the Knights has a Roosters contract and Smith will have him in firstgrade from round one barring injuries.

Rodney Mason from the Knights (Willie's brother) is good enough if anyone can get him to make the effort. Love to see him go to Melbourne. He'd be the equal of Willie within a year if someone flogged him into shape.

Tyler Sullivan, Will Smith, Chanel Mata'utia, Api Pewhairangi, Chad Redman and Alex McMillian will all be in the Knights NYC squad next season, but i expect they will all train with firstgrade and all be a chance of playing during the year.

Ethan Cook, Tyrone Roberts and Jarrod Tua should get a spot in the Knights seniors.

I'd be surprised if Ailoami is in first grade, he's stuck behind about 5 players by my count.

RWB

Bench
Does anything think there will be players to come in and dominate like Daly Cherry-Evans and Tariq Sims have or will next year be a little lighter on and just have a few games here and there?

Certainly plausible that a forward or an outside back will come in and dominate but not another half, not to the extent that DCE did anyway imo.

Don't forget though DCE had a season in the QLD Cup before playing first grade, I think it's a great apprenticeship for a young half that more clubs should follow...

MatthewA

Juniors
As biased as it sounds I think either one of the 3 Bulldogs moving up are more than capable. They're all amazing players.

Didgi

Agreed MatthewA.

I think Tau Tau Moga could be a big chance too, Roosters fans who see more than I do seem to agree with that.

hitman82

Bench
Omar Slaimankhel - Speed demon with a lot of skill and has a very bright future ahead of him. If he makes his first-grade debut, he will be the first Pakistani to play in the NRL.

Konrad Hurrell - Powerful player who can slot in the centres and play on the wing, who loves to eat up the metres and brush players aside. All he needs to do is work on his defence.

Samiuela Lousi - Towering second rower who can play prop, second row and centre. A monster with the ball in hand who stands at 198cm tall and weighs 118kg. He is the younger brother of Sione Lousi.

Carlos Tuimavave - Skillful five-eighth who reads the game very well and has a very solid kicking game. If he doesn't play for the Warriors next year, he will be playing for the Vulcans.

Ben Henry - I don't know if he is still playing in the Toyota Cup. Although, every Warriors fan must know what this kid is capable of. Fast, skillful and plays above his weight.

That's about it. Although, i can see players like Sosaia Feki, Henry Chan-Ting, Sebastine Ikahihifo, John Palavi and possibly Donald Tony either playing for the Vulcans or being picked up by other clubs.

Same sentiment, but Omar is from Afghanistan.

Warriors first grade is CHOCK FULL of second rowers so don't expect to see any U20s from that area make the team.

Centres and wings are where we have potential openings.

Prop to a lesser degree.

Spine no way - though hooker is a possibility if Friend and Mara get injured.

Next season I think Omar will feature in the outside backs for the Vulcans and Warriors.

Hurrell could possibly make the Warriors later in the season.

Sam Lousi I struggle to see where he will play in first grade - perhaps as a prop. Either way I see no place for him in our first grade team 2012.

Apart from a very vague possibility of the current Warriors U20s hooker making first grade, that's about it.

O'Sullivan, Moga and Alofa should be playing first grade. Evans will get a game or two, hopefully Lowe does aswell.

Never been convinced on Cheyse Blair but we'll see.

Hopefully Dumbrell gets game time we need the extra hooker option.

More than 3 usually go on to play first grade. In fact you'd struggle to find sides where only 3 or less go on to play first grade.

Roosters Under 20's were always down the bottom of the table yet of the top of my head had;

Antonio Winterstein
Sandor Earl
Ben Jones
James Tamour
Mose Masoe
Martin Kennedy
Jake Friend
Anthony Cherrington
Rohan Ahern
David Hala
Tom Symonds

I can't speak for other clubs because I'd have to do a lot more research but I'd be very surprised if it isn't a similar story for them.

Boyd Cordner
The hooker who got cut I forget his name off the top of my head but he did alright filling in for James Aubusson
Mark Kheirallah
Jacob Miller

AB129*

Juniors
How has Sebastine Ikahihifo been going this year? I thought he was outstanding for the Junior Kiwis and exactly the sort of dynamic player with skills the modern game is made for. Has he got a deal with the Warriors as yet?

morley101

Juniors
O'Sullivan, Moga and Alofa should be playing first grade. Evans will get a game or two, hopefully Lowe does aswell.

Never been convinced on Cheyse Blair but we'll see.

Hopefully Dumbrell gets game time we need the extra hooker option.

Boyd Cordner
The hooker who got cut I forget his name off the top of my head but he did alright filling in for James Aubusson
Mark Kheirallah
Jacob Miller

Brunton, played mostly Bundy cup this year but has been named in this
week's Newtown team. I believe Newtown picked him up after he was sacked late last year.

ozbash

Referee
How has Sebastine Ikahihifo been going this year? I thought he was outstanding for the Junior Kiwis and exactly the sort of dynamic player with skills the modern game is made for. Has he got a deal with the Warriors as yet?

going very well.

How about giving Omar to the Roosters??

you already got Adam Henry. Omar will have every club in the NRL chasing him, he'll stay in NZ,,, for now.

Didgi

The Warriors have fullbacks coming out their ears, do the charitable thing and share them around.

billy2

Juniors
Be interesting having Josh Ailoami and Boyd Cordner both playing with the Roosters.
A few years ago Boyd was playing really well in a game for the Roosters and Josh hit him in an illegal tackle and broke his jaw - that led to Dane Cordner, Boyd's brother, walking out on the Knights.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

He got a bad injury playing in village leaugel which he shouldnt of being playingl.

I was suprised by his performances last year.
Always been a decent player and go's hard.

But not overly skilled or particular big.
He simply goes hard, has heaps of enthusiasm.

He has been overtaken by Siua Taukieaho.
Taukieaho is contracted for next year but Warriros might as well top him up now - because there are plenty of NRL club circling.

Big Pete

Referee
Ulugia and possibly Feldt from our backline, either Parker-Walshe or Morgan as well around Origin time.

Taumalolo will see first grade (still eligible for another 2 years of NYC), the rest of our forwards are still fairly young and we'd be looking elsewhere for depth there.

Pangai could also be a chance for the centre position. Was a contender at the start of the year and is back training with the first grade side at the end of the year.