What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ 2 The first signing

Brian potter

First Grade
I don't know who will be the first but a high profile All black and Crusader at the back end of their career is a good start..
not for me.

you’d get a better return on your money if you signed up 4-5 of The best NZ Union schoolboy talent a couple of years out from NZ2 joining the NRL competition.

MugaB

Coach
Horse before the cart (this thread) need a club first, anyone you suspect or suggest here, will get swooped up by any of the 19 teams that will be in the NRL by the time these players or actual club are even available

final say

Juniors
Horse before the cart (this thread) need a club first, anyone you suspect or suggest here, will get swooped up by any of the 19 teams that will be in the NRL by the time these players or actual club are even available
I personally think NZ won't only be team 18 but they'll be in in 2026 and be signing players by October..
Pretty much all we do here is speculate and without any clear evidence for months, there will be much more speculation.

final say

Juniors
The point being also that a team in the South Island has a far greater chance of signing players from there than a relocation to Australia. Super Rugby converts would be tickled pink at the prospect of trying thier hand at the NRL with the support of their home town.

final say

Juniors
Still a waste of money for me as the Auckland warriors signed John kirwan, Marc Ellis and mark carter no doubt to big money contracts but still would have been wildly popular without them.
Surely you know better than that. The AFL got a great return on their money signing Issy and Hunt - News headlines for weeks.. you literally can't buy that publicity!
This version is even better given there's a chance they actually go alright.

MugaB

Coach
I personally think NZ won't only be team 18 but they'll be in in 2026 and be signing players by October..
Pretty much all we do here is speculate and without any clear evidence for months, there will be much more speculation.
Sorry to burst your bubble but the arlc are not getting any teams in until 2027 onwards and even then will align that with the broadcast deal, there zero lead time to sign players let alone a coach and staff... even shorter time than the dolphins got...
But you keep believing brother... its all you

Vlad59

Bench
Sorry to burst your bubble but the arlc are not getting any teams in until 2027 onwards and even then will align that with the broadcast deal, there zero lead time to sign players let alone a coach and staff... even shorter time than the dolphins got...
But you keep believing brother... its all you
This thread belongs in the cave

final say

Juniors
No mods here unfortunately, hence why turd house has been littering cookie crumbles everywhere, seriously this place is turning to poop
13th October 2021 was when the Dolphins were announced for 2023. And the Dolphins are on track for the finals.
Both NZ bids have stated multiple times that they will be ready for 2026.
Why do you lot think the timeline would be any different?
Anyway...

Vlad59

Bench
No mods here unfortunately, hence why turd house has been littering cookie crumbles everywhere, seriously this place is turning to poop
Wouldn’t have lasted three days when this forum meant something. These days it’s a haven for idiots like him. That’s why I treat the whole place as a joke.

MugaB

Coach
13th October 2021 was when the Dolphins were announced for 2023. And the Dolphins are on track for the finals.
Both NZ bids have stated multiple times that they will be ready for 2026.
Why do you lot think the timeline would be any different?
Anyway...
Redcliffe were already a qcup premiership winning club built from 1947, who is this new nz2 club, who owns them, where are they addressed at, where is their pathway starting from... all Christchurch has is a soon to be completed stadium, and zero RL presence with 3 bidders who won't be ready for 2026, that much is guaranteed, 2028 and onwards possibly