What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ should be favourites?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Foran at #13?
No way buddy, not big enough nor powerful enough. I don`t think the Kiwis need to skimp playing blokes out of position in the forwards. I`d play Kenny Bromwich there before Foran, world class forward with ball skills and Melbourne trained - always a bonus.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
No way buddy, not big enough nor powerful enough. I don`t think the Kiwis need to skimp playing blokes out of position in the forwards. I`d play Kenny Bromwich there before Foran, world class forward with ball skills and Melbourne trained - always a bonus.
The kiwi pack is outrageously huge and talented and imo could easily accommodate another creative pivot player at #13.

jim_57

Staff member
For the Kiwis that is awesome depth in the halves and fullback. That's probably peak depth for the halves, remember we've played Tohu Harris and Pita Hiku there in recent years.

Yeh good point, probably the best first choice spine kiwis have had in quite a while with some solid/reliable backups. A few decent centre options to partner Manu as well.

Forward pack speaks for itself.

Matua

Bench
Oh mate, don’t I know it.

This is rugby league we are talking about after all.
I'm annoyed that internationals aren't more prominent too, but the Maori v Indigenous game has nothing to do with that. No sport plays internationals during preseason.

Whinge about Origin all you want, I agree with you, but you're completely off base targeting a funnsies preseason game.

vinnie delpino

Juniors
Mulitalo and Rapana are underrated and could be backup FB as well as Manu for CNK but sadly RTS leaves a gaping hole in spine.
Imo Clark should be nowhere near the kiwis squad, jazz gets a look in before him
  1. Cnk
  2. Rapana
  3. Manu
  4. Harper
  5. Mulitalo
  6. Brown
  7. Hughes
  8. Bromwich
  9. Smith
  10. Jfh
  11. Papalii
  12. Nikora
  13. Harris
  14. Foran
  15. NAS
  16. Tapine
  17. Jwh
  18. Johnson
  19. Talakai

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Don`t think the Kiwi`s team is going to be a problem, I`d be a lot more concerned about Maguire`s ability to get the best out of them.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
I still say offer a place in the squad or even a jersey to players like nanai and mariner etc.

Even if only to tie them down to the kiwis and not Australia.

Hartwood

Juniors
Mulitalo and Rapana are underrated and could be backup FB as well as Manu for CNK but sadly RTS leaves a gaping hole in spine.
Imo Clark should be nowhere near the kiwis squad, jazz gets a look in before him
  1. Cnk
  2. Rapana
  3. Manu
  4. Harper
  5. Mulitalo
  6. Brown
  7. Hughes
  8. Bromwich
  9. Smith
  10. Jfh
  11. Papalii
  12. Nikora
  13. Harris
  14. Foran
  15. NAS
  16. Tapine
  17. Jwh
  18. Johnson
  19. Talakai
What does Foran offer off the bench? he can only cover the halves. Nikorima or Marshall-King would be a better choice IMO

vinnie delpino

Juniors
What does Foran offer off the bench? he can only cover the halves. Nikorima or Marshall-King would be a better choice IMO
A hell of a lot more than those 2, Nikorima can’t make the run on side for the Warriors And Marshall-King is an average rake on the second to worst team…probably even have Jazz ahead of these 2 imo.
Foran is class and has international experience. Can cover halves, centre, Hooker and lock.

Hartwood

Juniors
A hell of a lot more than those 2, Nikorima can’t make the run on side for the Warriors And Marshall-King is an average rake on the second to worst team…probably even have Jazz ahead of these 2 imo.
Foran is class and has international experience. Can cover halves, centre, Hooker and lock.
Nikorima is still the most dangerous 14 in the comp, late in the game he can cause all sorts of trouble against a tired defence. Foran is old, slow and broken, not to mention has a career tackling percentage of 67%

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
Not sure Deine Mariner would be eligible for QLD anyway, not sure what age he moved to Australia, but I'm pretty sure it was while he was in highschool
Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he’s either been picked for junior Queensland rep sides or the Australian schoolboys.

Wouldn't mind giving Matt Timoko a run in the squad somewhere.

I also agree with giving Foran a shot on the bench.

Also, we need to try and get Tupounuia and not just give up on all Tongans. They have a greedy corrupt admin (as do Samoa) and the players had to play as the Tongan invitational XIII last time.