What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ should be favourites?

Matua

Bench
Oh trust me the Tongan halves are laughable but I stopped laughing when they beat the Kiwis and the kangaroos with those rubbish halves lol instead I respected the Tongans more... I don't know how good the Tongans team will be now... they lost alot of experienced players in that team... the Hopoates, Fifita, Sika Manu... Taumalolo also won't be that same dominant player he was for Tonga a couple of years ago too... but I'll still give them the edge over the Kiwis tbh they have too much firepower in the forwards and backs over the kiwis... I hope any other teams wins the world cup except for aussie... because they don't respect the international game too much
Huh? How do you go from Tonga lost a lot of experienced players to having too much firepower? The halves are part of the backs, we have two of the best performers in the NRL at the moment and theres no Tongan back who compares to Manu, and the Kiwis pack is class.

You're seriously underrating the Kiwis based on a tournament 5 years ago when the team was in such disarray that a bunch of players left after being selected - they all claimed it was for cultural reasons but it was politics.

I will be genuinely surprised if Tonga wins this match - even with the Australians they'll likely roll out who didn't make the Origin squads. I think it will go much like the 2019 match.

Clarkent

Juniors
Huh? How do you go from Tonga lost a lot of experienced players to having too much firepower? The halves are part of the backs, we have two of the best performers in the NRL at the moment and theres no Tongan back who compares to Manu, and the Kiwis pack is class.

You're seriously underrating the Kiwis based on a tournament 5 years ago when the team was in such disarray that a bunch of players left after being selected - they all claimed it was for cultural reasons but it was politics.

I will be genuinely surprised if Tonga wins this match - even with the Australians they'll likely roll out who didn't make the Origin squads. I think it will go much like the 2019 match.
Manu can only do much... Tonga lost experienced players but they have alot of depth in the forwards... more depth than the Kiwis... in the backline and forwards they have alot of firepower the only weakness is in the halves... if the tongans forwards dominate the Kiwis forwards the halves are useless that is where I think the Kiwis will struggle

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could be a classic this one, nz pack

8. papalii
9. smith
10. bromwich
11. Bromwich
12. Sorrenson
13. fisher Harris

big Nelson off the bench. Pretty formidable

Perth Red

Post Whore
With Brown, Hughes and B Smith on fire the Kiwi spine looks pretty impressive. Such a shame RTA abandoned them. Still missing a world class FB.

magpie_man

Juniors
With Brown, Hughes and B Smith on fire the Kiwi spine looks pretty impressive. Such a shame RTA abandoned them. Still missing a world class FB.

I'd classify Joey Manu as world class, at centre or fullback.
Kiwis have a stacked team, gonna be a ripper of a game, can't wait.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It ain't Kickby, it is league, thier best play a shyte game, no match really, we will own them as thier best play a different sport

jim_57

Staff member
I'd classify Joey Manu as world class, at centre or fullback.
Kiwis have a stacked team, gonna be a ripper of a game, can't wait.
Doesn’t look like they’ll do it for this game with only Hiku and Manu specialst centres but I think Manu could be the best option at fullback for the World Cup. Solid options in the centres with a bit of depth so definitely could work moving Manu.

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. R Smith
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes
9. Smith
14. Martin

Forward pack will speak for itself, that’s the strongest kiwis side in quite some time.

chunk

Juniors
Yeah I started a new thread and didn't notice this one.

After watching the Storm vs the Roosters, it showed how strong the Kiwis will be at the World Cup. The two front rowers Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona were awesome and the the Bromich brothers, also Brandon Smith, the half back Hughes and the centre Manu. I might have missed a couple but these players are very good. On top of that there is Fisher Harris, the five eight from Parramatta Dyna Brown and then the Warriors players. And I'm sure there are more.

The Kiwis are paying $5.50 to win the World Cup, that's overs if I've ever seen them.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Kiwis look like a genuine chance to roll Australia, they don’t have the depth so they need ti stay healthy.

Fangs

Coach
I suppose so. No recent games for Australia to really know anything about how the team will play.

Latest posts