What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ Test Team

Alehana

Juniors
i rate hape highly, v. good centre, definately in my world cup squad. hear he is off to union to play for england?? Why he would do that.

Billythekid

First Grade
same, we always seem to have weaker wingers compared to aussies, i guess our best winger for deferring high bombs would have to be covell, but they would have picked him for sure if they were expecting that u'd think.
Covell might be ok under the high ball but he lacks in a few other areas like his speed.

I never saw what was wrong with Shontane Hape, always thought he was a good winger. Hes very dynamic, has great skill and is quiet athletic.

Hape seems like the better option, not sure how he missed out.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I read somewhere that he was struggling to get a start at Bradford, is that true because I find that hard to believe considering his talent.

nadera78

Juniors
Hape is playing for Bradford in the sense that he gets named in the team and can be seen out on the field. But that's about all he's done this season. He looks completely disinterested, and if the rumours of a move to rah-rah are true then he seems to be saving himself for semi-retirement in that sh*t game.

I wouldn't be expecting to see him at the world cup this year, maybe the 2011 union one in a white shirt alongside the volcano.

Godz Illa

Coach
same, we always seem to have weaker wingers compared to aussies, i guess our best winger for deferring high bombs would have to be covell, but they would have picked him for sure if they were expecting that u'd think. hopefully thats what they practice alot this week, cause aussies have so much attacking options that they r good at and this is one we are sh!t at defending.
Have you seen Nightingale play? His ability in the air is one of his major strengths. He has been faultless under the high ball this year. Stephen Kearney has been watching:

"There's a lot of aspects we've certainly been very encouraged by with Jason," he said.
"The Dragons probably haven't been going as well as they should, but he's certainly been a real consistent performer for them.
"His workload and the energy that he brings when he's shooting out of dummy-half is a real positive and that's why he has been selected.
"He's a busy lad and he's not shy of doing the work and getting some metres.
"He's also pretty handy in the air too and will definitely be one of our options for the halves (to kick to)."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/kiwis-rely-on-jason/2008/05/07/1209839701283.html

Alehana

Juniors
yeh well tbh i havent seen much of him play, but thats good, i was mainly referring to manu and his history of being really bad under the high ball, cause if he wasn't injured he would have been picked no doubt, it seems all aus born kiwis are good under the high ball, i reckon cause they played a bit of afl, king of the pack games.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
club form maybe???

Halatau been one of tigers best week in week out

well why did they pick him last year then?? he was lucky to playing FG last year. Didnt have a few games in premier league.

Im a dene fan he has put in this year - im glad he is not starting hooker b'coz he could stifle our attack.

I think Hohaia should of been picked - especially if they plan to bring halatau purely on as a sole hooker - Hohaia has got more ball playing abilities in his little toe compared to halatau - (who I have yet to see make a pass in a game).

Hopefully luke can play some good minutes and bring halatau on and play two hookers for a few sets of six.

I think Harrison was injured would have made the 19 man squad and probably gain a bench spot before blair and maybe even smith. can genuinely play prop, backrow and lock. He also offers some variety in what is a good pack.

Hape is probably lucky no one watches ESL - he can just rest on what he has done in the past. If he was under the scrutiny nrl players are he probably would get a look in.

Latest posts