What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ tour of England (white ball) Aug 31- Sept 2023

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not bazball as the great man has retired to his fortress of solitude to contemplate his next act of genius.

Poms are world champs in both formats and I think they are right up there to repeat in India.

If kiwis can go with them than they'll be up there too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms destroyed Kiwis by 7wkts, 6 overs to spare

New Zealand Flag
New Zealand
139/9
England Flag
England
(14/20 ov, T:140) 143/3

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kiwis killed the Poms by 74 runs in the 3rd t20. Finn Allen the star 83 from 53

One game to play for the series

King-Gutho94

Coach
Kiwis killed the Poms by 74 runs in the 3rd t20. Finn Allen the star 83 from 53

One game to play for the series
Nice to see Finn Allen do something against the poms i recall he basically knocked us out of the T20 WC last year with that 1 innings at the SCG in the first match when he whacked Starc & Hazlewood in the first 6 overs.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's a real shame what happened to Freddy, I really admired him as a player. Good to see him back in the game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The 4 game T20 series ended up 2-2

Now losing ODIs ?

Thought poms were the bestest in white ball?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms on the way to 400+
in the 3rd ODI

3/264 -35 overs

Stokes 125* (90)
Butler 28* (17)

Fangs

Coach
Another brilliant innings from Stokes.

Malan a good knock as well. Maybe a bit old at 36 but he should feature in their test team again. He actually looks like a top order batsman which is something I've become unaccustomed to seeing when watching the English test team.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Another brilliant innings from Stokes.

Was hobbling around a bit

Was suppose to have an operation and rehab on his knee after the ashes , get it right for indian test tour in the new year

But that was never the case...

Stokes insisted ahead of the fifth Test at The Oval in July that he would use his time off to manage his chronic left knee injury, which he wanted to "get sorted" as soon as possible. But two weeks later, he was named in England's squad for their four-match series against New Zealand and in their provisional World Cup squad, having walked away from ODI cricket in July 2022.

Asked on Wednesday night about his poker face while answering questions at the time, Stokes said: "Obviously I've been asked a lot about my knee over a long period of time, so I just said that to leave it. I knew that I'd be playing in these games and potentially in the World Cup then when I said that, but it was just the easiest thing to say that and put you [the press] off the radar."

Latest posts