What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Anyone with a clue on the Leagues Club Development?

Frailty

First Grade
I just want the parking to be better. I'm sick of walking to the ground all the way from the 70km speed camera on Captain Cook Drive. Surely there will be parking in the development or at least underground in some capacity. Have the dodos thought of this at all?
I have some bad news for you assuming the parking at the development will be available...

The reality is the club was in an awful financial position that there was no leverage. On top of that, the usual construction delays were met with COVID delaying everything further. With the increase cost of materials, etc. thankfully the club has avoided that but all it means is the developer is less likely to make any concessions to the club.

Add to that, the club was relying on government funding for any ground improvements which, personally, I think was foolish. It definitely isn't the best use of government funds to spend money on a private ground that would essentially be of private use and have no real community benefit (no matter how you try to spin it).

The club has done the best that I think it can with what it was facing - but the reality is that the ground, whilst I love it, is a horribly viewing experience, difficult to get to for visiting fans, and really not adequate for NRL. The key issue is that Sharks fans haven't really convinced anyone that they would travel north of the Taren Point bridge to attend a home game, and as a result the club is stuck.

Big Bloke

Juniors
I have some bad news for you assuming the parking at the development will be available...

The reality is the club was in an awful financial position that there was no leverage. On top of that, the usual construction delays were met with COVID delaying everything further. With the increase cost of materials, etc. thankfully the club has avoided that but all it means is the developer is less likely to make any concessions to the club.

Add to that, the club was relying on government funding for any ground improvements which, personally, I think was foolish. It definitely isn't the best use of government funds to spend money on a private ground that would essentially be of private use and have no real community benefit (no matter how you try to spin it).

The club has done the best that I think it can with what it was facing - but the reality is that the ground, whilst I love it, is a horribly viewing experience, difficult to get to for visiting fans, and really not adequate for NRL. The key issue is that Sharks fans haven't really convinced anyone that they would travel north of the Taren Point bridge to attend a home game, and as a result the club is stuck.
Can't say I am surprised by all of this. Idiots.

I just want the parking to be better. I'm sick of walking to the ground all the way from the 70km speed camera on Captain Cook Drive. Surely there will be parking in the development or at least underground in some capacity. Have the dodos thought of this at all?
yeah theres gonna be some parking in the shopping centre

mate if you are going there park near hairyman brewing and go in for a beer before. bikepath walk to the game. its fine

shadowboxer

First Grade
yeah theres gonna be some parking in the shopping centre

mate if you are going there park near hairyman brewing and go in for a beer before. bikepath walk to the game. its fine
Agree on that - better way to get there than trudging up the main road. Back streets off Wills road at Woolooware is my usual, get a spot not to bad, getting out can suck at times though

blue bags

First Grade

Building a new stadium at Miranda

Latest posts