What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Bring back Daylight Saving you selfish Bastards.

Quigs

Immortal
How bloody inconsiderate of you Gladys state dwellers. I love all daylight savings and then you go and call fulltime on it again.

I sit here with a recently issued card carrying Old Age Pensioners Card, awarded to me by PM Scummo.

One of the few joys I had left in my twilight years was the opportunity to watch my favourite TV shows an hour earlier because of the wonders of Daylight Saving.

I could stream and watch SBS World news at 5.30pm instead of 6.30pm. I could watch 7.30 at 6.30pm and even watch Channel Neins Rugby League coverage at 7.05pm instead of the 8.05 kick off. Hard Quiz ..... Hard Quiz, I could watch it at 7pm. Now I have to stay awake till all hours to watch my shows on their broadcasted times.

You'd be surprised how beneficial it is to go to bed an hour earlier. But now I am being punished because Gladys had to turn the bloody clocks back. Wench,

I curse youse all.

Stake Removed

First Grade
How bloody inconsiderate of you Gladys state dwellers. I love all daylight savings and then you go and call fulltime on it again.

I sit here with a recently issued card carrying Old Age Pensioners Card, awarded to me by PM Scummo.

One of the few joys I had left in my twilight years was the opportunity to watch my favourite TV shows an hour earlier because of the wonders of Daylight Saving.

I could stream and watch SBS World news at 5.30pm instead of 6.30pm. I could watch 7.30 at 6.30pm and even watch Channel Neins Rugby League coverage at 7.05pm instead of the 8.05 kick off. Hard Quiz ..... Hard Quiz, I could watch it at 7pm. Now I have to stay awake till all hours to watch my shows on their broadcasted times.

You'd be surprised how beneficial it is to go to bed an hour earlier. But now I am being punished because Gladys had to turn the bloody clocks back. Wench,

I curse youse all.
I agree this 8 start on a Thursday that is getting ready for bed time

taipan

Referee
Getting much better sleep now.My inbuilt clock is lapping it up.
We have high bleeding skin cancer rates, so they bring in daylight saving, so we can spend more time in the sun.WTF.
Think of the farmers.
Sand the extra hour fades the curtains:p

Quigs

Immortal
Are you related to my missus Taip. Fhark you whinge a lot.

That's one thing I will stand on my record about. You never hear me whingin'.

snout

First Grade
I knew an old guy once who lived in Qld and travelled to NSW during daylight saving.
He had to put his watch forward an hour.
He passed away whilst he was there.
I always felt what a shame he was ripped off an hour of his life he never got back.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah, can totally relate, was asleep at halftime. Woke up 2 hours later right on time for the 2nd half replay. I live on broken sleep.

R-15-3

Bench
The 8.05 kick off on Thursday & Friday is the worst, start work at 5am every Friday Saturday Sunday and footy season kills me. Everyone I know hates the 8 kick off, I’m sure they would get more people watching earlier