What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Jimmy Maloney retires.

Chimp

Bench
I met Jimmy over in England when he was there with the Aus team at the end of 2016 season, just a few weeks after the GF. What a great bloke - what you see is what you get, Jimmy is Jimmy at all times, zero F’s given about what the situation is, or who’s around, he’s just himself - love him!

Always admired him, even pre-Sharks days for the way he plays the game - only a little bloke, but happy to run the real tough lines, happy to take the hits, happy to throw his body into the biggest bloke on the pitch. Gets bashed around, gets up, dusts himself off and goes again until he gets the job done.
Winner!

Quigs

Immortal
The best 5/8 the Sharks have ever had. Yes there may have been more 'favourites', and maybe some more popular because of loyalty,
But none of them were as good a player as Jimmy.
What a great career he had.

2016 got the box ticked....... enough said.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Jimmy was a major contributing factor in us finally getting the monkey off our back and as others have said….I’ll always be grateful. I wonder if a couple of other grand final hero’s might be contemplating the same thing.