What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on names..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you realise all this is purely chance

how does a parents decision on naming their child have anythign to do with the childs personality

NPK

Bench
Twizzle said:
you realise all this is purely chance

how does a parents decision on naming their child have anythign to do with the childs personality
How does a person's star sign have anything to do with their personality?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Knightmare said:
How does the team a person follows in the NRL have anything to do with their personality?

It definatly affects the way they see the game of Rugby League. I doubt personality though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NPK said:
How does a person's star sign have anything to do with their personality?

tbh I don't think it does, but some people make a lot of money telling us otherwise

I'm Libra btw, well balanced :D

Maggie

Juniors
daniels are gay
emmas are boring
amys are overweight(i know 4)
karinas are fun
pauls are gorgeous(well not all pauls are, just one!)

Alba said:
Natalie's are usually the type to keep her enemies closer than her friends

My most recent ex is a Natalie - and right you are. Didn't realise it much then, but rings so true now.

covellz_gurl said:
amys are overweight(i know 4)

I know 2 - both heavy.

Apologies to anyone with these names but in my experience....

Simon - smart-arse, annoying upstarts
Dave - just plain dumb, speak in a slow monotone
Vanessa - haven't met a remotely attractive one yet
Damien - manic, wired, troublemakers. I've known 3 really well and swear they all have ADD.
Matthew (but not those who shorten it to Matt)- habitual nose-pickers, othewise ok.

Good ones....

Rachel - up until my recent accountant, all were extremely hot
Brad - all very easy to get along with, generally good blokes.
Tony - funny bastards
Lauren - demure, cheekily hot
Brook(e) - The kind of girl that doesnt bowl you over initially, but the more you see them the more they grow on you. Very genuine girls too.
Melanie - have slept with two and they were both firecrackers between the sheets.

strewth_mate

Bench

Not saying that it does, but I reckon if my parents called me say Robertson, Wesley or Agador I'd have an interesting time as a kid which might follow through into later life. Kids seem to judge on first impressions and speak openly, and an odd name could be a little upsetting. I know a girl called Ophelia Dick, she's always been a little shy about it... dunno why :lol:

I'm a Dave - and you're 100% correct ;-) now if only I knew what that meant...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Alba said:
oh how true that is :p

I don't know...Why don't you tell us, seeing as you're such an authority figure on the subject?

That reminds me...YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY!

Classic quote.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bring back John Fifita said:
Vanessa - haven't met a remotely attractive one yet
Rachel - up until my recent accountant, all were extremely hot
Brook(e) - The kind of girl that doesnt bowl you over initially, but the more you see them the more they grow on you. Very genuine girls too.

Completely agree there, particually with the Dave thing... monotone is the best word ever to describe the 2 daves i know
:lol:

its f**king disturbing how accurate this is becoming