What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'Davis not even wanted for free

Glenn

First Grade
While Robbie probably feels he has been snubbed, the Knights have to look to the future they have promising players coming through the ranks, that would probably be lost if Robbie stays around for another season.
As mentioned I am sure Souths would like him if he was genuine in wanting to play

Kaz

junior
I think all players who test postive to a performance enhancing drug should get a life ban.

RainMan said:
They only stayed loyal because Newcastle made Wayne Richards the scapegoat. Wayne publicaly admitted he took steroids, where I don't think Robbie OD ever admitted it?

I know Richards was the scapegoat, he wasn't a regular 1st grade player.

O'Drugus had several excuses.

1. Was the herbal tea he was drinking. :lol: :roll:

2. He took a tablet because his baby was crying.

Then he had the hide to wear the ugly Mustard coloured suit to his drug hearing.

That should have been a life ban for a fashion crime. :lol:

Mambo

Juniors
ozzie said:
why not give Souths a ring Robbie??

Even though this comment was tongue in cheek we could do much worse seeing as how we have very few established outside backs at the club. But Shane Richardson wouldn't have a bar of it. He's looking to the juniors like he should be with a sprinkling of top line talent thrown in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's half obvious why Robbie wants to come back and that's to break Butts record, definetly not for the right reasons and applaud Necastle for their stance.

Besdides, isn't he busy selling houses?? :roll:

ucantseeme

Juniors
If Robbie O was serious about having a career after footy as a real estate salesman he would not have offered to play at all. Most rugby league games are held on a Saturday or Sunday. When are most auctions and home inspections held? He doesn't have time to sell a house in Newcastle then fly to Melbourne,etc for a footy game.

What was he planning to do, organise auctions for a wednesday morning or something?

He was a really good player but has suffered from injury and alcohol problems in the last few seasons but still played well when he did.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Kaz said:
I think all players who test postive to a performance enhancing drug should get a life ban.

RainMan said:
They only stayed loyal because Newcastle made Wayne Richards the scapegoat. Wayne publicaly admitted he took steroids, where I don't think Robbie OD ever admitted it?

I know Richards was the scapegoat, he wasn't a regular 1st grade player.

O'Drugus had several excuses.

1. Was the herbal tea he was drinking. :lol: :roll:

2. He took a tablet because his baby was crying.

Then he had the hide to wear the ugly Mustard coloured suit to his drug hearing.

That should have been a life ban for a fashion crime. :lol:

richards was one of newcastle better players when with the team. He also played for country origan on 97

Gidsgal

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Get over yourself O'Davis. He only ever had one great season (97) and thats when he was on the juice

Your so out of line with that comment, why don't you take some of your own advise and get over yourself!!! He has had so many more great moments than just 97, and why don't you leave the past in the past and get over that, when he took them, they weren't on the banned list, it was only that they came out on the banned list about half a year after he used them, so it was still in his system when they randomly tested him, but when he took them, they weren't banned. Stop living in the past mate, and get on with living in the present!!

tiger_nick

Bench
Gidsgal said:
tiger_nick said:
Get over yourself O'Davis. He only ever had one great season (97) and thats when he was on the juice

Your so out of line with that comment, why don't you take some of your own advise and get over yourself!!! He has had so many more great moments than just 97, and why don't you leave the past in the past and get over that, when he took them, they weren't on the banned list, it was only that they came out on the banned list about half a year after he used them, so it was still in his system when they randomly tested him, but when he took them, they weren't banned. Stop living in the past mate, and get on with living in the present!!

You idiot

Thats what I'm telling O'Davis.

Kaz

junior
Bring it home Knights said:
richards was one of newcastle better players when with the team. He also played for country origan on 97

I could have made the Country Origin team as well in 1997. :lol:

Gidsgal

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Gidsgal said:
tiger_nick said:

You idiot

Thats what I'm telling O'Davis.

Well guess what mate, u may be telling robbie that, but i'm telling it to you!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
he is playing in Mark Carrols "barbarians" team at the 7's in Coffs this week. must be no Auctions on saturday ;-)

shadowboxer

First Grade
what in blazes would they be auctioning up at newcastle now anyway. The market is shot to pieces. O'davis would be better off doing commercials for a hair dye company. Didnt he have a surf shop or something??

parra_princess

Juniors
Shadow Boxer - that Surfing Shop he owned with Billy Peden went Belly Up to when Peden jumped on the plane to England.

I love hearing all Robbie O's excuses. It's funny. But in the day and age of proffesional Athletes you should know what you can and what you can't take. It's that Black and White. Drug cheats are just lucky some people are willing to give them a second chance. And O'Davis: god shut up! Newcastle dosn't want no cheater as the man who has represented them the most.

Stagger eel

Staff member
shadowboxer said:
what in blazes would they be auctioning up at newcastle now anyway. The market is shot to pieces. O'davis would be better off doing commercials for a hair dye company. Didnt he have a surf shop or something??

The markets not shot at all!!!!...just ask any Real estate agent. ;-)

Kaz

junior
parra_princess said:
I love hearing all Robbie O's excuses. It's funny. But in the day and age of proffesional Athletes you should know what you can and what you can't take. It's that Black and White. Drug cheats are just lucky some people are willing to give them a second chance.

The players were all issued cards about drugs with

If in doubt, check it out.

And it had a phone number to call any time about drugs they were about to take.

Latest posts