What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODonnell

carncowboys

Juniors
As much as i love his style of footy and the way he plays and his reliability(when he plays) on the feild. I think after last nights brain explosion he wont be offered a contract with us. One of the main reasons he wouldnt of been offered one in the first place is because of his lack of disipline and the amount of games he has missed, add 4 weeks for this incident and it doesnt look good.

taipan

Referee
Sorry to say he is a liability for the NQC for the SOO.He gives away too many penalties,involved in too many cheapshots,and just loses it.Without his dumbo spear tackle at the SOO2,there would nort have been the all in.
I hope my club,never considers the prospect of signing him.he is worth 2-4 points to an opposition team.

mortz

sign him up sharks... him and gallen would be the hardest back row in history

Gippsy

Bench
Don't be too hard on him, he was one of the few blues that showed a bit of passion, and a bit of mongrel. He's also a good footballer.

Sorry to say he is a liability for the NQC for the SOO.He gives away too many penalties,involved in too many cheapshots,and just loses it.Without his dumbo spear tackle at the SOO2,there would nort have been the all in.
I hope my club,never considers the prospect of signing him.he is worth 2-4 points to an opposition team.

Yeah, it was a bad tackle, but without Thaiday running in there would not have been an all-in.

carncowboys

Juniors
Don't be too hard on him, he was one of the few blues that showed a bit of passion, and a bit of mongrel. He's also a good footballer.

Yeah, it was a bad tackle, but without Thaiday running in there would not have been an all-in.

dont get me wrong he is a great footballer, but a liability when it comes to big games, and imo dont want the cowboys to offer him another contract, hes only played 50% of his games up here, the rest hes been out for injury an suspension, thats not worth the contract hes asking for.

Charlie124

First Grade
His spear tackle last night should have no bearing on our decision to re-sign him or not. Having said that, ill be happy to let him go if its part of a cleanout we so desparately need.

Talanexor

Juniors
good player don't want him on a 4year contract. 2 year max.

This PLUS half of his contract to be dependant on suspensions. If he only plays 50% of the games, we only pay him 50% of the salary. Seems fair.

I think the bloke is a legend but to be honest he's becoming a liability. And his performance has been sliding for a while now. I'd hate for him to be regarded like Webb is now.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I'm a massive O'Donnell fan but after last night the first thing I thought was I couldn't see the Cowboys re-signing him anymore. I'm not saying I wouldn't re-sign him after that, it's just what I can see happening.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Despite the things that happen to him when he is playing on the overall scale of things he is the sort of player we don't get see much of these days because it's my personal opinion other players of this day and age are too much of a protected species. Yes he has the mad off moments and all that but you shouldn't just judge him on that alone

perverse

Referee
he's been linked to the Knights pretty heavily at times this year... and allegedly we are close to signing up his little brother from NYC.

i'd kill to have a bloke like him at the knights at the moment. he's exactly what our forward pack needs, a rev up. his aggression would be massive for us... and he could really turn into a forward leader. hopefully we can talk him into coming down and playing first grade with his brother over the next couple of years :D

Fibroman

First Grade
It's alot easier to coach ill discipline out of a player than to coach natural ability and toughness into them. I'd love to see O'Donnell running around in the Panther colours in 2011.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I like a bit of mongrel which Luke brings to the game. But i still thought that was a really bad tackle. And i agree with the General consensus that he is to much of a liability for a team. How much is he asking for?

elyod138

Bench
I like a bit of mongrel which Luke brings to the game. But i still thought that was a really bad tackle. And i agree with the General consensus that he is to much of a liability for a team. How much is he asking for?

I read 250k, but he wants a 4 year deal.

Talanexor

Juniors
It's alot easier to coach ill discipline out of a player than to coach natural ability and toughness into them. I'd love to see O'Donnell running around in the Panther colours in 2011.

If he hasn't got it out of his game byt the age of 30, he never will.

250K/year is reasonable, but a four-year deal is not. Let him go. Sign up his younger brother instead.

Bicey_18

Bench
If he hasn't got it out of his game byt the age of 30, he never will.

250K/year is reasonable, but a four-year deal is not. Let him go. Sign up his younger brother instead.

Newcastle are actually close to signing Kyle O'Donnell