What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-contract Eels?

ledzep

Bench
Is this list accurate?

Jake Afamasaga
Luke Burt
Aaron Cannings
Brett Delaney
Jamie Lyon
Wade McKinnon
John Morris
Adam Peek
Henry Perenara
Dean Widders

jason taylor

Bench
Wade McKinnon
Aaron Cannings
Ben Smith (re signed)
Dean Widders
Paul Stringer (retired)
Ashley Graham (released to Cowboys effective round 5 of 2006 season)
John Morris
Matthew Petersen (signed with Gold Coast)
Luke O' Dwyer (signed with Gold Coast)
Luke Burt
Brett Delaney
Henry Perenara
Adam Peek
Fuifui Moimoi (re signed)
Jack Afamasaga
Chad Robinson (re signed)
Jamie Lyon
Jarryd Hayne (re signed)

dazeely

First Grade
Priority signings:
Wade McKinnon
Dean Widders
Jamie Lyon

Not fazed signings:
John Morris
Luke Burt
Henry Perenara
Brett Delaney
Adam Peek
Jack Afamasaga

Show the door signings:
Aaron Cannings

Jarryd Hayne (re signed)
Chad Robinson (re signed)
Fuifui Moimoi (re signed)
Ben Smith (re signed)

Matthew Petersen (signed with Gold Coast)
Luke O' Dwyer (signed with Gold Coast)

Ashley Graham (released to Cowboys effective round 5 of 2006 season)

Paul Stringer (retired)

parra pete

Referee
John Morris should be No 1 Priority signing....The Mr Fix it, go to anywhere player.
He is the Eels answer to Craig Wing, Matt Geyer, Ben Hornby, Kurt Gidley, Casey McGuire, Justin Smith, Robert Farah......

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
John Morris should be No 1 Priority signing....The Mr Fix it, go to anywhere player.
He is the Eels answer to Craig Wing, Matt Geyer, Ben Hornby, Kurt Gidley, Casey McGuire, Justin Smith, Robert Farah......

Completely agree.

While he may not be our best option as a 5/8, Morris is a passionate player who ALWAYS gives 100% and is quite the handy player. He could start at hooker or come off the bench as an impact player a la Riddell while Riddell plays as a running forward, and we'd do rather well.

Redback71

First Grade
soory it was main game dont know if anyone noticed but heres the qoute:

Morris can use get-out clause

Utility star john morris has a get-out clause at parramatta and has been targeted as west tigers replacement for scott prince.

the premiers coach, tim sheens has said only that he was interested in a utility currently playing with another nrl club.

agent wayne beavis last night confirmed that man is 25 year old morris.

"theres been some interest expressed in him but he has got another year at parramatta if he wants to stay," he said. "its all in the air a bit at this stage."

shiftysmith

Juniors
i would love to see riddell released and morris kept as our hooker,he is a much better player and alot less expensive....whenever morris plays hooker he is our best plyer,what has piggy really done..

Delboy

First Grade
I think you will find that Morris has a 1 year contract offered to him, thats what Beavis was referring to. Likewise Delaney and McKinnon have had 2 year deals put to them, I hear that all the players that the club wants to keep have been offered deals. Their managers continue to look for bigger deals etc, Manly in partic have been sniffing the younger players, that may sound familiar.
Dont think we should pay overs for players we have given opportunities to, but thats the way the deal works around June 30....

Nikki

Coach
shiftysmith said:
what has piggy really done..

Piggy has seen that the Rose and Crown could fund their redovelopment during last off season. :lol: :lol:

Im not a fan of John Morris, but, if it came down to him and Piggy...
HERE'S JOHNNY!!!

cayless1989

Juniors
shiftysmith said:
i would love to see riddell released and morris kept as our hooker,he is a much better player and alot less expensive....whenever morris plays hooker he is our best plyer,what has piggy really done..

i totally agree.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Completely agree.

While he may not be our best option as a 5/8, Morris is a passionate player who ALWAYS gives 100% and is quite the handy player. He could start at hooker or come off the bench as an impact player a la Riddell while Riddell plays as a running forward, and we'd do rather well.

good post elementary completly agree morriss has been great for us.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Also Piggy has been prettyy goos the last few weeks. His tackiling at hooker i second to none at the moment and i watched him against the dragons and I saw atleast 10 top tackles that could have been costly for us.

Hellsy

Immortal
Piggy has alot of fire in his dummy half runs, often when he is on the field the team look better in attack... more alive